- NB: Document concerns OpenViBE 1.3.0 (30.Dec.2016)
The current OpenViBE version works on Windows and Linux operating systems.
Officially supported architectures
- The following versions of Microsoft Windows,
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 10
Note: Some third party drivers might not work on 64bit systems.
- The following LTS versions of Ubuntu Linux distributions,
- Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04
- The following versions of Fedora Linux distribution
- Fedora 20 and Fedora 21
The OpenViBE dev team tries to ensure that OpenViBE compiles and functions properly on the supported operating systems. These supported platforms may change from OpenViBE version to another as the development tends to track the major OS releases with some delay. Eventually testing is dropped for old OS versions. Currently we have no resources to follow newer Fedora distributions. We are naturally happy to consider contributions.
Architectures reported working
In the past OpenViBE has been observed to be working on the following other systems,
- Debian 6
- Debian 8 (you may need “ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libitpp.so.8.2.1 /usr/lib/libittp.so” or similar)
- Fedora 18
- Fedora 19
- Mint 13
- Ubuntu 13.10
- Windows XP (was supported up to OpenViBE 1.0.1)
- Windows 8
Architectures reported having problems
It may be possible to compile/use OpenViBE on the following platforms, but modifications may be required.
- Ubuntu 14.10
- OS X
Are you using OpenViBE on another architecture? Let us know on the forum!