- NB: last update for OpenViBE 2.0.0 (oct-2017).
In order to obtain the source code you will need to have the Git software installed on your system.
- On Linux you can use the git package provided by your distribution.
- On Windows you can use a GUI version of Git. One option is TortoiseGit which can be downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/.
Git repository address
Getting the latest (unstable) version of the OpenViBE source code can be done as follows:
# Get an anonymous clone of the repository git clone https://gitlab.inria.fr/openvibe/meta.git
You can see if the codebase was in a compilable state last night from the build status page.
Only for developers with account on gitlab.inria.fr: After registering your ssh key, you can try to add the following to your git config to be able to push.
[url "email@example.com:openvibe/"] pushInsteadOf = "https://gitlab.inria.fr/openvibe/"
OpenViBE project is now divided into three parts that are organized as sub-modules of the OpenViBE-meta repository:
- SDK : contains the certifiable core and plugins of OpenViBE
- Designer : the graphical user interface for scenario design and playback
- Extras : for acquisition server, community plugins and contributions
The OpenViBE-meta repository exists to ease the task of building these repositories together. The OpenViBE source code archive is simply an archive of the meta repository structure with its submodules.
Once you have cloned the repository, you have to fetch the sub-modules using the git command:
git submodule update --init --recursive
Now you can follow the build instructions to build the entire project with sub-modules.
Previous Gforge repository (used for 0.17.0 – 1.3.0)
# Get an anonymous clone of the latest trunk (2 alternative protocols) git clone git://scm.gforge.inria.fr/openvibe-meta/openvibe-meta.git git clone https://gforge.inria.fr/git/openvibe-meta/openvibe-meta.git
Previous SVN repository (used earlier)
For code archeologists, we have retained the older OpenViBE SVN repository. The repository is not updated.
# Get anonymous checkout of v0.16.0 svn checkout svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/openvibe/trunk2 # Get anonymous checkout of v0.15.0 and earlier svn checkout svn://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/openvibe/trunk