OpenViBE forum

The OpenViBE community
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:48 pm 

I am getting this error on my Ubuntu 16.04.
error while loading shared libraries: libopenvibe.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have been using openvibe for 1 year now and I have never encountered this problem before. I was first using Openvibe 2.0.0 and it always worked fine until this error started showing after I stopped using openvibe for some time.
I have checked the lib folder in dist/sdk-Release/lib/ and the libopenvibe.so.0 is available there.
I have done re-compilation and it didnt go away. I also downloaded the source code of the latest OpenVIBE 2.2.0 and compiled it and I got the same results.
I have googled this error and unfortunately I cannot find a solution anywhere. I will be very thankful if someone was to help me in this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:31 pm 

I have never seen this error, the only thing I can say is to delete the folders dist, build, dependencies. Put OpenViBE at the top of your folder hierarchy to avoid too long path names.
Thibaut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:26 pm 

Ok, So now I just found a 1 liner command that fixed the issue in case of the OpenVIBE 2.0.0:
$ sudo /sbin/ldconfig -v
This has not fixed the problem with OpenVIBE 2.2.0 but I think I just need to get rid of one of the openvibes and run this line again to make it work. For now, I am happy with OpenVIBE 2.0.0 as I was doing project on that one.

What this line does is as follows according to the article:
ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories (/lib and /usr/lib). The cache is used by the run-time linker, ld.so or ld-linux.so. ldconfig checks the header and filenames of the libraries it encounters when determining which versions should have their links updated.

I dont know why I couldnt find this useful article earlier while using Google. I found it on Bing for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 am 

Hi, I did not care that you had two openvibe simultaneously. MAYBE, the compilation tries to find a shortcut with a previous version that it does not find in relative path.