Mindset vs EEG-SMT

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
mindreader

Mindset vs EEG-SMT

Post by mindreader »

Hi forum members,
This is my first post. I am a neuroscientist and work on mouse brain signals (electrode implants and eeg). I have very little experience with human brain and want to use versatile BCIs to get started at home.
I am trying to decide which BCI to buy and read a lot for the past 2 days including this list and zeroed in on EEG-SMT and Neurosky Mindset based on my budget of about 200-250 USD.
EEG-SMT with 6 channels seems very good but not too sure how good a connection the electrodes provide. Plus the hassle of sticking those electrodes with glue/paste is a downside for quick testing.
Mindset is a good option since its been tested, has tons of apps, games so on and seems to works well and has customer support and has free developer tool but not as open as EEG-SMT and has only 2 channels.

With either of this, I am planning to use it on myself to try and decode few things from eegs i acquire during certain brain exercises. Could you guys help me decide what would be a good option?

Thanks!

mindreader

Re: Mindset vs EEG-SMT

Post by mindreader »

OK, after some more reading seems like EEG-SMT is the best bet and value for my buck. So, I went ahead and ordered one. Look forward to interact here when I have some tests going.
Thanks to OpenViBE team for providing this platform to hack brain signals. :)

riccardo caspani

Re: Mindset vs EEG-SMT

Post by riccardo caspani »

Hi mindreader, do you start working with you SMT?