Using the VRPN Server

uahmed

Using the VRPN Server

Post by uahmed »

Hi, I want to know that how can I link C++ and VRPN Server. From that tutorial of keyboard and sinus oscillatior, I copied that main code, added the two header files, and then tried to run, but in vain. I got no output on C++. Which files do I need to add more? Do I need to use the VRPN GENERIC as well? Please guide me, I am not much deep into the programming stuff.

Thanks.

jlegeny

Re: Using the VRPN Server

Post by jlegeny »

Hello uahmed,

the vrpn generic library is only for sending data to openvibe. If you only want to get data from openvibe then this library is not necessary.

You said that you got no output from C++, what are exactly the steps you did? Do you use Linux or Windows, did you link your program to the vrpn library?

Cheers
Jozef

uahmed

Post by uahmed »

Hi Jozef,
Thanks for the reply. I have been able to link and get the output successfully.

Thanks.

Sarah Tariq

Post by Sarah Tariq »

Could you please tell me how ? as i faced the same problem :roll:

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Sarah,

there is a VRPN tutorial here.

http://openvibe.inria.fr/vrpn-tutorial- ... plication/

If you can't get it to work adapting from the tutorial, could you provide an exact description what is the problem?

Cheers,
Jussi

VaibhavKathpalia

Post by VaibhavKathpalia »

Hi Jussi,

I am struggling to complete the tutorial. The problem I face is that, download the header files and source files from the link. But I dont get a vrpn.lib file anywhere. And hence, I cannot link it in the Visual Studio settings for the project. Could you please help. Its really urgent.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

After openvibe install dependencies script has been run, vrpn should be under dependencies/ folder.

Cheers,
Jussi

VaibhavKathpalia

Post by VaibhavKathpalia »

Hi Jussi,

Thanks, I figured that out, and my C++ program runs perfectly now. But I have another issue now. Please could you help.

I am trying to use vrpn button server to send stimulations outputs to another application. But my vrpn button server does not receive any outputs. I get an error saying - 'minor version number doesn't match (prefer vrpn: ver. 07.31, got vrpn: 07.26 0)'

I have tried everything; installed previous versions of openvibe, downloaded 07.30 and 07.31 directories from the vrpn website. But still it does not fix the error.

Please could you help me.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

OpenViBE 0.17 dependency installer pulls vrpn v7.26 to dependencies/. You probably should compile/link your own program against that version, not a newer one. Alternatively, you can try to build OpenViBE against a newer vrpn, but this can be difficult.

Happy hacking,
Jussi