How to rebuild only OpenViBEAcquisitionServer

yrenard
Site Admin

How to rebuild only OpenViBEAcquisitionServer

Post by yrenard »

ringo-ring asked in this thread an off-topic question I'll answer here :
ringo-ring wrote:How to rebuild only OpenViBEAcquisitionServer? Running whole win32-build.cmd takes a lot of time...
The build win32-build.cmd script looks for modified files and compiles / links only those files / projects. If you only want to compile the acquisition server, just limit your modifications to this project. If you actually limit your modifications and the win32-build.cmd script keeps compiling the whole platform, either you ran win32-clean.cmd script (so you of course need to re-compile everything), or you have misconfigured time/date on your computer (the "modified" status of a file / project is deduced from the date of the source file and its corresponding object file).

Hope this helps,
Yann

ringo-ring

Re: How to rebuild only OpenViBEAcquisitionServer

Post by ringo-ring »

Yes, I noticed it does not rebuild everything, but it does check everything and it takes a lot of time on my laptop. Maybe there is a way to shut off those checks too?

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

No, because if it does not check, it can't build modified things anymore. If you run Windows and have an antivirus running, you can disable on-access scan. That would speed up things. On my Linux box, it takes less than a second.

I'm sorry to tell you that after that, if you need faster access, you'll have to get a faster computer / faster hard drive ;)

Yann

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Ok, one second was not true :)

Code: Select all

[11:55:44|yrenard@cervelet] [svn-repository:~/openvibe] /scripts/ # time ./linux-build

blah blah

real    0m5.677s
user    0m3.192s
sys     0m1.620s
so it is less than 6 seconds.

Yann