compilation of cegui failed using linux_dependencies

alexp

compilation of cegui failed using linux_dependencies

Post by alexp »

Hi all,

first of all, let me state that openVibe looks like a great piece of software.
I'm trying to compile on Debian lenny 32bit.
I was quite impressed seeing the linux-install_dependencies doing its work and almost finishing it. However, with cegui it got stuck compiling the samples:
libtool: compile: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../cegui/include -I../../../Samples/common/include -I../../../cegui/include -DCEGUI_SAMPLE_DATAPATH=\"/home/alexp/soft/openvibe-0.10.0-svn2909-src/software/share/CEGUI\" -I/home/alexp/soft/openvibe-0.10.0-svn2909-src/software/include -I/home/alexp/soft/openvibe-0.10.0-svn2909-src/software/include/OGRE -I/usr//include/OIS -I/usr//include -I/home/alexp/soft/openvibe-0.10.0-svn2909-src/software/include -g -O2 -MT libCEGUISampleHelper_la-CEGuiOgreBaseApplication.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libCEGUISampleHelper_la-CEGuiOgreBaseApplication.Tpo -c CEGuiOgreBaseApplication.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libCEGUISampleHelper_la-CEGuiOgreBaseApplication.o
CEGuiOgreBaseApplication.cpp: In constructor ‘CEGuiDemoFrameListener::CEGuiDemoFrameListener(CEGuiBaseApplication*, Ogre::RenderWindow*, Ogre::Camera*, bool, bool)’:
CEGuiOgreBaseApplication.cpp:298: error: ‘class OIS::InputManager’ has no member named ‘getNumberOfDevices’
CEGuiOgreBaseApplication.cpp:309: error: ‘class OIS::InputManager’ has no member named ‘getNumberOfDevices’
make[3]: *** [libCEGUISampleHelper_la-CEGuiOgreBaseApplication.lo] Error 1

I can reproduce this calling make in the samples directory.
Looks like a bug in cegui?
Should I download and compile another version of cegui? Or skip the compilation of the examples?

Btw:
Taking a look into the configure.log of cegui I see complaints about several missing header files like
ac_nonexistent.h
tinyxml.h
libILU
irrlicht.h
and others.

It also complains about missing LUA, however, the linux-install_dependencies would install this in the next step after cegui. Should the order be changed?

Thank you for your help!

Alex

alexp

Re: compilation of cegui failed using linux_dependencies

Post by alexp »

I forgot to state that the openvibe version is the one from the download page: openvibe-0.10.0

Alex

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear alexp,

assuming you are familiar with Unix compilation process, you can find full log for each package in the scripts/software/log directory.

My guess is that OIS has not been built correctly and it was not detected by the dependencies installation script. Check ois.log in this directory.

In case that would be the problem, please post the log file so we can propose directions.

Hope this helps,
Yann

alexp

Post by alexp »

Dear Yann,

thanks for the advice, I will check that.
In the mean time, I can report that the trunk version
(Last Changed Rev: 2993
Last Changed Date: 2011-05-31 10:20:19 +0200 (Tue, 31 May 2011)
has the same problem.

I will have a look at the log and report my findings.

Alex

alexp

Post by alexp »

Hi all,

I checked the linux-install_dependencies file and found that libois-dev should be (and is) installed as native package (0.99+1.0rc1-2.1).

alex

alexp

Post by alexp »

in line 1076 the ois package version is set to ois_1.2.0.tar.gz - perhaps my native package to old?
I commented out ois at the native packages list to build it from src.
the compilation is still running...

alexp

Post by alexp »

this was it!
Using ois 1.2.0 from src instead of the native debian package solved the problem.
Perhaps one could introduce a version dependency check for the native packages and switch to compilation if it is not fulfilled?

alex