- Python2 support dropped in favour of Python3 (Python 3.7 required) for the scripting box. Python provides a tool to help you migrate your scripts: https://docs.python.org/fr/3/library/2to3.html
- Many new functionalities were added: Riemannian geometry, Multimodal Graz visualization, Artefact detection, Features selection and Stimulation validator
- Support for Ubuntu 18.04
- Mainly for developers and contributors: the code has had a lot of modernisation changes, and some refactoring
- Alexey Minin from UrFU for the Encephalan driver
- Jimmy Leblanc & Yannis Bendi-Ouis from Polymont ITS for the pybox-manager
but have a look at the following post for a list of required changes to your plugins in order to port them to the newer version.
We are planning to deliver the final release of OpenViBE-3.0.0 in a month or so, with potential bug fixes, and the support to Fedora 32.
We are looking forward to hearing your feedback for this new version. Please raise an issue on our bug tracker if you find something not working.
Once the release is out of the gate and stable, we will restart discussions about building a consortium around OpenViBE.
Please drop me an email if you wish to be included in the conversation.
On behalf of the development team,