Boxes ignored

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
Tristan

Boxes ignored

Post by Tristan »

Hi again,

I seem to have a problem with the Designer of openvibe, I developed different boxes of visualization but systematically when I launch the designer one of the warnings is :

Code: Select all

[WARNING] Duplicate plugin object descriptor class identifier [Hand] and [VisualInterface]... second one is ignored
But the two boxes are different, with different names.
Here are the codes introduced as boxes.

https://github.com/TristanVenot/Diffusion.git

I really don't know how it manages to ignore it.

Thanks in advance,
Tristan Venot

Thibaut

Re: Boxes ignored

Post by Thibaut »

HI,
The Identifier of your class must be different the skeleton generate a code for that but you can write anything

Code: Select all

#define OVP_ClassId_BoxAlgorithm_VisualInterface (0x9043ece1, 0xc2dc5b71)
#define OVP_ClassId_BoxAlgorithm_VisualInterfaceDesc (0xad428a6b, 0xa842ddd6)

#define OVP_ClassId_BoxAlgorithm_Hand (0x9043ece1, 0xc2dc5b71)
#define OVP_ClassId_BoxAlgorithm_HandDesc (0xad428a6b, 0xa842ddd6)

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Hi !

Thank you so much !!
I am sorry it was so obvious...
However I tried and it still gives the same result...
A thing strange to make it work is to start in the main.cpp to put first VisualInterfaceDesc and then HandDesc.
But I don't know why...

Tristan V.

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

This is a compilation problem in which I often deal .... If you change only one part of a header (for example add a member or in your case change the identifier) the compilation takes into account, but not the compiled version ...... (logical where are you?) at times I had crashes because I was adding members to a class the only way to force the general update is to change the main.cpp what you had to do. It is not the modification of the order, but the modification of the file which forced the recompilation of an element personally often I add or remove an empty line.

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Hi,

Yes I came to the same conclusion, you need to change the main.cpp if you want to add settings for example, which is completely odd, I did not see anywhere why this problem could occur with a c++ software. But thanks for taking your time for answering, it seems that there are a lot of untold mystery elements in OpenVibe, I tried to create a short user guide for my team to avoid different situations I had. Is there a platform for the small external contributions to help other people or OpenVibe relies only on the Tutorial website and the forum ?

Best regards,
Tristan V.

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

I try to correct a maximum of oddity but there is a lot of work.^^
The simplifcation of the build system is a way (maybe) to correct this.
Yes it's the only place but if you want to contribute to the tutorials I can add your tutorial (I have to check but normally written in markdown)
Thibaut