Moving Circle Script Python

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
teresab

Moving Circle Script Python

Post by teresab »

Hello,

I'm new to both OpenViBE and Python. I'm trying to run the 'python-moving-circle.py' script through a Python Scripting box.

Analyzing the code, it seems to me that no box inputs and outputs are required, as well as no extra box settings and that it should display a screen with a white background and a black circle moving (please correct me if this is not true), once play is pressed. No errors are produced in the designer console, but nothing happens.

Can you advice me in what I should do in order to correctly run this script and visualize the screen?

I've been able to run all python scenarios available with no problems. Also, I have all the required python packages in this script installed.

Thank you so much in advance

jtlindgren

Re: Moving Circle Script Python

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi,

which operating system are you using? To our knowledge that script is only working on linux and it depends on the pygame library. It is illustrated by the scenario 'python-pygame-multiprocessing.xml' which is not installed on Windows. According to that tutorial scenario the box really doesn't need any inputs/outputs for that script.

It may be possible to get the script to work on windows but that'll likely require installing the needed packages and maybe some additional hacking.

Best,
Jussi

teresab

Re: Moving Circle Script Python

Post by teresab »

Thank you so much for your reply!
I am indeed using Windows. I was wondering why there were no scenarios that illustrated the use of the 'python-moving-circle.py' script.

I'll experiment this on Linux then