EEG channel mapping of EEGO in OpenViBE 2.0.1

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Frank94

Set channel selector in OpenViBE 2.0.1 with EEGO

Post by Frank94 »

Hello all,

I am trying to run a scenario with EEGO in OpenViBE 2.0.1. There are 90 channels, including 64 + 24 + 2 (EEG + BIP + STATUS), that can be acquired in Acquisition client. But only several channels (AF3;AF4;F7;F3;F4;F8;FC5;FC6) will be needed in analysis. Thus, I use a box Channel Selector to choose the certain channels, but it failed as shown in figure below.
1. How can I get knowledge of the congruent relationship, that is channel 1-64 which one is AF3 or C3 and so on.
2. How can I set the channel list in the box channel selector?
Thanks for any help!

Frank

[img]C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\1.jpg[/img]
[img]C:\Users\Frank\Desktop\2.jpg[/img]

lionkinglc

EEG channel mapping of EEGO in OpenViBE 2.0.1

Post by lionkinglc »

Hello all,

I am trying to run motor imagery scenario with EEGO in OpenViBE 2.0.1. 90 channels, including 64 + 24 + 2 (EEG + BIP + STATUS), can be acquired from EEGO. The issue is I cannot find the exact mapping of the 64 EEG channels. To be specific, I only need channels (AF3;AF4;F7;F3;F4;F8;FC5;FC6) in the scenario. So where can I find the list of channel information for EEGO and how can I set the channel list in Channel selector?
Thanks for any help in advance!

Chandler
1.png
1.png (41.54 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
(moderator: merged topic to similar one)

jtlindgren

Re: Set channel selector in OpenViBE 2.0.1 with EEGO

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi,

something went wrong with Frank's images, so I can't see them, but generally you can tell channel selector which indexes to keep instead of channel names. See the box documentation.

If you want the channels to have names in the first place, there's two ways to get the Acquisition Server to name them,

1) The driver can declare the channel names, if its able to recognize the headset and is programmed to do so. Some drivers related to devices with fixed headsets may let you choose a cap model and then you get the correct names automatically. EEGO does not seem to be currently doing this based on how the code looks.
2) In the 'Driver Properties' you will have a 'change channel names' button. You can load a set of channel names from a text file. The format of the file is one name per index. If you don't know the name, the line must be left blank. In this case you will need still to know which index corresponds to which channel. Perhaps you can get this information from either the device manuals or the manufacturer itself?

Eemagine has been very active in improving the driver in the past so it might be helpful if you brought this question to their attention; maybe they can think of a convenient solution for everybody.

Best,
Jussi