Troubles to use openvibe-0.5.0-svn1827-src

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
nbaron

Troubles to use openvibe-0.5.0-svn1827-src

Post by nbaron »

Hi,
I am trying to write a driver and I have some trouble to complete this process.
Since this section of the forum is not concerning about driver dev I will expose only the necessary
parts here.
The problem : I can't compile the source of OV-0.5.0 from svn (1827).
My environment : Windows 7 x64
Precisions : The dependencies installer (*/scripts/win32-install_dependencies.exe) crashes during
the download of "boost 1.34.0" at 99% (sometimes 100%). I got that error : Download failed : Downloading timed out.
It is always at this step it fail on my computer. I try on another computer (Win7 x64) and it crashes during the CMake download (previous step).
Then I try on a WinXP x86 PC. The dependencies install work fine, but I was blocked at the build process.
How can I do ?
I am thinking to download and install manually all the dependencies but... (this method need time).
Cause I need to build only the acquisition server (since I am coding a driver) perhaps I can edit the *.nsi file to avoid boost installation.

Concerning the build problem. It happened on the WinXP PC during the check (or build) process of "openvibe-scenario". And in fact in the main folder (I mean /openvibe-0.5.0-svn1827-src) there is no "openvibe-scenario" folder.
Here is my config :
OpenViBE_default_branch : tags/0.5.0
Do you have a clue about that ?

Thanks.

[edit] I downloaded boost1.34.0 and put it in the folder "/openvibe-0.5.0-svn1827-src/dependencies/arch" with the name "openvibe-dependency-boost-1.34.0.zip". As I expected the installer avoid the download step and pass to the next step.

nbaron

Re: Troubles to use openvibe-0.5.0-svn1827-src

Post by nbaron »

Ok, the "dependencies problem" is fixed.
The tricks is :
1) Open with notepad \openvibe-0.5.0-svn1827-src\scripts\win32-install_dependencies.nsi
2) If your lack concern boost (just an example, in my case it was boost and ogre1.6VC2008) you have
to find the boost section. The interesting points are on that line :
NSISdl::download http://www.irisa.fr/bunraku/OpenViBE/de ... 1_34_0.zip "arch\openvibe-dependency-boost-1.34.0.zip"
3) Download (with navigator) the file (writed in blue in the example) and put it in the folder specified in green with the correct name.
4) Relaunch installer.

After that part I encounter some troubles to use the win32_build.bat file. I followed those steps to launch the *.bat file correctly.
1) In each file I add a "pause" command at the end.
2) After renamed the "win32-init_env_command.cmd.skeleton" in "win32-init_env_command.cmd", edit it.
3) This step depends on your Visual studio version.
[*]Visual studio 7 2003 : comment the lines (add "REM " at the beggining) 137, 140.
[*]Visual studio 8 2005 : comment the lines (add "REM " at the beggining) 142, 145.
[*]Visual studio 9 2008 : comment the lines (add "REM " at the beggining) 147, 150.
5) Delete the character "\" between %VSx0COMNTOOLS% and vsvars32.bat. The variable already contain the "\" character (perhaps it is only a Win7 stuff, I don't know).
6) Launch the file "win32-build.cmd". (I launched it in admin mode passing though cmd.exe in admin mode and use CD command to get into the scripts folder).

Now I have another problem, concerning the source folder of "openvibe-scenario". That folder is not present in the file provided so the build stop and report a CMake error alerting about that.

Any idea ?

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear nbaron,

thank you for your feedback.

I created a new Help for driver developers forum and moved your post to this new forum.

We don't have 7 available to test what you say for now. As you noticed in the download page, 7 is not yet supported for building from sources and we lack x86_64 feedbacks. However, I'm glad that you tested that. It looks like there is a problem with the dependencies downloader on your computer, I can't tell if this is because of 7 or because of x86_64. However, this is nice that you fond the way to download all the dependencies manually.

Regarding the modification you are doing in the win32_build.cmd script, they are rather strange. There is no problem with the trailing \ after %VSx0COMNTOOLS%... Doubling the \ should not be any issue, even on 7. And there should be nothing to comment out depending on the visual version you have. Detection is automatic. So for all those reasons, I will have to double check the behavior you are pointing out before integrating your corrections in the repository.

To finish with your build, the openvibe-scenario project is not included in the source release and I forgot to remove it from the build env... It's my mistake. Just edit win32-init_env_command.cmd and remove openvibe-scenario from the build order file (almost at the end)

I hope this helps,
Yann

nbaron

Post by nbaron »

Ok thank you :D

Concerning the "\" problem the bug was on the test lines. I checked the existence of the "vsvars32.bat" in the pointed folder,
and it was there. When I print (by echo) the result of "VSx0COMNTOOLS%\vsvars32.bat" I got a double slash... Even I know it does not cause troubles, the build script worked only when I removed th slash.

Concerning the "openvibe-scenario" problem. I commented the line :

Code: Select all

echo %OpenViBE_scenarios% >> %OpenViBE_build_order%
(at the end of win32-init_env_command.cmd).

And it's work :D