tcp writer box interface with arduino

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
priyamkar1990

tcp writer box interface with arduino

Post by priyamkar1990 »

i am actually using TCP writer box to talk to arduino, i am just wondering that is it possible to use more than one TCP writer box in the same scenario on openvibe
so if any one who can take me through it ...it will be very helpful for me
thank you

tomtommc

Re: tcp writer box interface with arduino

Post by tomtommc »

heloo, i am still newbie here, but let me share my opinion, hope its help.
from what i know, it is easier to use vrpn button to connect with arduino. and yes, you can use many vrpn button (i dont know TCP box).
for my bachelor degree project, i use two vrpn button (stimulation from keyboard and classifier processor). the process are :
1. make vrpn button > setting pheriperal server > setting the label
2. make client to receive data from openvibe (i used c++ client ,build from visual studio 2013)
3. to send and receive data from client and arduino use UDP server (search socket programming c++)
4. coding to communicate c++ with arduino IDE

please note : UDP server is run at locahost so it used your wifi to transfer data, so make sure you have arduino board with wifi module installed. for my project i used ESP8266 Wemos D1.
hope that's help.

priyamkar1990

Post by priyamkar1990 »

thanks for your interest ,TCP writer box is working fine, i am just wondering if i can use more than one TCP box in the same scenerio, and i guess its possible, i m now trying to figure out how to set the arduino sketch so as to acquire data from bothe the TCP box simultaneously
and regarding VRPN client and server , i firstly tried to use that box , but i was not able to find any particular way to implement any VRPN client over the arduino side so i left the idea.
the procedure u said is quite interesting , so if i am not wrong then i have to design a UDP client in C++ and UDP server over the arduino side. the UDP client will get the data from VRPN client(implemented in C++) and then will send them over the network to the arduino
it will be very helpful if you please put some more light over this
once again thank you for your interest :)

tomtommc

Post by tomtommc »

sorry i cant help you about your tcp box, i never used that box.

you are right, you need to make UDP server in Arduino IDE and connect it with the client that received the vrpn data.
you can also make a simple client from modifying the vrpn tutorial by adding the code for UDP client in the same .cpp
with visual studio, you can use winsock2 to make the UDP client.
if you are interested, i can show you some example.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ylpgwwznfj9t ... r.rar?dl=0

ps. to run the code you need to install the esp8266 board and the required library.
cheers,