VRPN client building issue

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
priyamkar1990

VRPN client building issue

Post by priyamkar1990 »

i m trying to connect the vrpn server to some external device ...specifically i am trying to interface arduino board with open vibe to control some device ..may be a robot ..and for that if i am not wrong i have to run the vrpn client...but the problem i am facing is that i am not able to build the vrpn client program on visual studio 2008...it is continuously showing these errors while i m trying to build

1)vrpn.lib(vrpn_Shared.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __dtoui3 referenced in function "void __cdecl vrpn_SleepMsecs(double)" (?vrpn_SleepMsecs@@YAXN@Z)

2)vrpn.lib(vrpn_Connection.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___report_rangecheckfailure referenced in function "public: static int __stdcall vrpn_Endpoint::handle_sender_message(void *,struct vrpn_HANDLERPARAM)" (?handle_sender_message@vrpn_Endpoint@@SGHPAXUvrpn_HANDLERPARAM@@@Z)

there are some set of warnings also-

1)vrpn.lib(vrpn_Connection.obj) : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/FAILIFMISMATCH:_MSC_VER=1800' encountered; ignored

2)vrpn.lib(vrpn_Connection.obj) : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/FAILIFMISMATCH:_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0' encountered; ignored

3)vrpn.lib(vrpn_Connection.obj) : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/FAILIFMISMATCH:RuntimeLibrary=MD_DynamicRelease' encountered; ignored

4)LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

i have already added the header files and the library file(vrpn.lib) properly, but still getting these errors , cant understand what is point i am missing
please help me out of this situation...thank you

tgaugry

Re: VRPN client building issue

Post by tgaugry »

Hi,

It seems that you are trying to link lib compiled with another version of MVSC compiler.

Did you follow the build guide ?
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 (or Microsoft Visual Studio 2010) is required to build OpenViBE.

Hope that helps,

priyamkar1990

Post by priyamkar1990 »

thanks for the reply i followed the building instructions and it helped me. but i m still stuck with this one error

error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MD_DynamicRelease' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in vrpn-receiver.obj
i went through the available solutions to this ..i mean changing the runtime library(properties/c/c++/code generation ) settings to the asked one but it still showing the same error.
can u please help me out with this
thank u

tgaugry

Post by tgaugry »

Hi,

it seems that you are compiling part of the project in Debug mode, and another part in Release mode. Maybe one of the libs.
After making appropriate correction, please clean your project (using the clean function of visual) to be sure.

Hope that helps,

priyamkar1990

Post by priyamkar1990 »

yes it seems that some part of the project is being build in debug mode and some in release mode ...and the only solution that i found to be done i have already applied and i mentioned that in my previous post
and also cleaned after i applied the changes but still the situation is resolved
please let me know if there is any other way to solve this issue
thank you

tgaugry

Post by tgaugry »

Hi,

Are you getting the error from a repository in a clean state or did you modify something ?

I suggest you try compiling using the scripts (win32-dependencies.cmd and win32-build.cmd) from a clean repository; tell me if you still have the error in that case.

Cheers,

priyamkar1990

Post by priyamkar1990 »

sorry for late reply
thanks fro your help now i can build it successfully and i can see the values coming out from the VRPN server when i run openvibe-examples-openvibe-to-vrpn.cmd
but i have another doubt how can i use these values to control some hardware device through arduino uno board.
thank you

tgaugry

Post by tgaugry »

Hi,

Do you have a specific constraint that requires you to use VRPN ?
If you don't, i suggest sending values with OSC box instead. You'll have to develop client side decoding of OSC, but i believe that it will be easier/faster to implement than using VRPN.

Cheers !

priyamkar1990

Post by priyamkar1990 »

i am actually trying to use arduino uno board to control some device so either i have to design a vrpn client over arduino side or as u said use OSC box over openvibe side and design a UDP server to receive information
but now the issue is i cant find the OSC controller box :(

tgaugry

Post by tgaugry »

Hi,

OSC is flagged as unstable, so you'll have to check the "show unstable" checkbox to make it appear.

Cheers,

priyamkar1990

Post by priyamkar1990 »

thank u very much, now i can see it
i will ask if i find any problem ...thank you very much again