.OV file size is ok, but no signal or stim information

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
apdullahyayik

.OV file size is ok, but no signal or stim information

Post by apdullahyayik »

I'm collection data using EMOTIV EPOC+ and OpenVIBE, totally ı have been collected from 19 people.
There are two problems about writer boxes that really confuses me.

1. Using generic steam writer I see some .ov files that have no signal and stims information althogh their size is approximately equal to ones that have both signal and stims info.

2. Using edf file writer, stims information is always missing in every senarios.

I also wonder why generic stream writer writes both full and empty .ov files whereas edf file writer always writes the same type.

What makes me so upset is I have used just 2 writer boxes that include problems described above.

I will be appreciated if anyone helps me. Because these files will be used in my PhD thesis.

apdullahyayik

Re: .OV file size is ok, but no signal or stim information

Post by apdullahyayik »

http://openvibe.inria.fr/supported-file-formats/ here administrators say that

"There have been user reports that GDF and EDF support in OV may have problems with stimulations. We’re interested to receive files that exhibit this problem in order to address it."

to whom can I send my edf files ?
Please help me.

jtlindgren

Re: .OV file size is ok, but no signal or stim information

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Apdullah,

I'm curious about the case 1. You can use EBML stream spy and Stimulation Listener boxes to look at whats going on in the streams that you connect to the stream writer. You can possibly use channel selector to reduce the amount of information. In any case, both stimulation and signal stream should be connected to the generic writer in order for the resulting .ov file to contain both of them of course. You can use two CSV writer boxes alternatively (one configured to signal and the other to stimulus) and load the files to text editor to see whats going on in the streams.

Also, you can check with signal display that the data looks ok that you're receiving in the first place. If for some reason or another the writer wont receive the data, there wont be anything much in the file. That doesn't explain the large size though.

Generic scenario debugging instructions here,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-troub ... scenarios/

Then, about the GDF/EDF files in particular, we'd need the materials to reproduce the problem. If you can create a self-contained scenario that illustrates the problem (that is, one that doesn't need the acquisition client box or where the driver in acquisition server is allowed to be 'generic oscillator') and zip that up, it'd be appreciated. If its not very big, you can email it to me (address from the openvibe contact page). Otherwise you could find some upload service and send me a link to the zip.

Cheers,
Jussi