VRPN : Sending data from OpenViBE to an external ap

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
roberto

VRPN : Sending data from OpenViBE to an external ap

Post by roberto »

Hi all,

I am trying to follow this tutorial http://openvibe.inria.fr/vrpn-tutorial- ... plication/

I use Visual Studio 2012 to launch the vrpn-applicacion.cpp , and I added the path to the directory with the header files that I downladed here http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/vrpn/obtaining_vrpn.html .

But when I compile my project, the follow errors appear:

1>vrpn-application.obj : error LNK2019: reference to the external symbol "public: __thiscall vrpn_Button_Remote::vrpn_Button_Remote(char const *,class vrpn_Connection *)" (??0vrpn_Button_Remote@@QAE@PBDPAVvrpn_Connection@@@Z) didn't resolve in the function _main
1>vrpn-application.obj : error LNK2019: reference to the external symbo "public: __thiscall vrpn_Analog_Remote::vrpn_Analog_Remote(char const *,class vrpn_Connection *)" (??0vrpn_Analog_Remote@@QAE@PBDPAVvrpn_Connection@@@Z) didn't result in the function _main
1>c:\users\roberto\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\Progetto12\Debug\Progetto12.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 extern didn't resolve

Could someone help me?

Thanks, regards

Roberto

roberto

Re: VRPN : Sending data from OpenViBE to an external ap

Post by roberto »

I have understood that the problem is in these two strings of the c++ code fo the tutorial:

VRPNButton = new vrpn_Button_Remote( "openvibe_vrpn_button@localhost" );

VRPNAnalog = new vrpn_Analog_Remote( "openvibe_vrpn_analog@localhost" );

Why? :-(

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Roberto,

Likely the issue is this: VRPN needs to be compiled as a lib, and you must link your application against vrpn.lib. You can get a compiled vrpn that openvibe uses by running win32-install_dependencies.exe from scripts/ in the openvibe source archive. vrpn will be found afterwards under dependencies/.

Happy hacking,
Jussi

roberto

Post by roberto »

Thank you so much for your reply.
You can get a compiled vrpn that openvibe uses by running win32-install_dependencies.exe from scripts/ in the openvibe source archive. vrpn will be found afterwards under dependencies/.
Are you able to give me some clearer guidance about how to do that (that is not "search on google")?

Thanks for interest in my problem,

regards

Roberto Meattini

roberto

Post by roberto »

Finally I find the solution! For the community, regards to what I wrote in the previous posts:

- Simply I add the file vrpn.lib (that is in pc_win32>Debug in the directory downlaoded from here: http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/vrpn/obtaining_vrpn.html) in [right click on Visual Studio Project]>properties>linker>input>Additional dependencies .

Now it works fine. Thanks for the previous helps!