Run Openvibe in batch mode ?

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
TPAC

Run Openvibe in batch mode ?

Post by TPAC »

Hi all,

The optimization of BCI performance may sometimes require the fine tuning of many parameters. I'm thus wondering if it is possible to run Openvibe in batch mode instead of using the GUI. Indeed, it would be really interesting (and time-saving) to have the possibility to train a BCI automatically, by pre-generating different scenarios with a dedicated script, instead of manually modifying parameters in the different boxes and click on play and stop button in ov-designer.

So in practice, I would like to be able to run Openvibe in command line like this :

openvibe.exe my_scenario.xml

Is that possible ? How ?

Many thanks in advance,

TPAC

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: Run Openvibe in batch mode ?

Post by yrenard »

Dear TPAC,

please see this post on my blog.

Hope this helps,
Yann

TPAC

Post by TPAC »

Hi,

This is exactly what I wanted !
Thank you very much !

TPAC

shelldream

Post by shelldream »

Hello,yrenard,
I am a beginner to OpenViBE,I have read your blog about console.But I didn't find the openvibe-designer.cmd or ov-designer.sh scripts.What I found was ov-designer.cmd.Is that the one you mentioned? And I didn't know how to add the switches in this file. Could you help me modify my file?
In addtion, I want to write a procedure like this:I start an .exe file ,then it starts the openvibe and a certain scenario runs automatically,when the first scenario ends,another scenario begins running automatically……Is that possible?
Hoping for your suggestions!! :lol:

Shelldream

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

We've renamed the scripts around for some extra confusion, but yes, the ov- script is basically the same animal as the corresponding openvibe- script. If you're on Windows, the explorer might hide the .cmd extension.

Cheers,
Jussi