Can't read GDF (sampling rate)

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
duvi

Can't read GDF (sampling rate)

Post by duvi »

Hi,
I would like to use a GDF file from a BCI competition to test this program. However, the program says that the sampling rate are not the same for each channels. It is the same answer for other databases. Have you ever heard about this problem ? (Theoritically, they have the same sampling frequency)
Do you have some EEG example which are working to test the program ?

Thanks

Duvi

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: Can't read GDF (sampling rate)

Post by yrenard »

Hello duvi and welcome on this board.

You will find a sample GDF file in the included sample scenarios (see in share/openvibe-scenarios/signals).

I have memories that the "GDF file reader" developer told me some things about that different sampling frequencies problem in GDF files. I don't remember how he solved / limited that. Could you please send me a sample file with this problem ? I will digg into the code to see what happens and how it can be modified to fit your needs.

Yann

emmanuelk

Post by emmanuelk »

Hello Yann,

Have you got any solution to the problem under discussion? I am facing the same problem. I registered some EEG signal using the P300 Openvibe scenario. I later process (i.e. Filtering) the data using Biosig and save them into a gdf file.
But when I try reading this file in Openvibe it throws this error: "Can't handle gdf files with channels having different sampling rate". My channels have the same sampling rate though!

Regards.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi emmanuelk,

Sorry for late reply !
As Yann stated, it would be much easier for us to debug if you could provide such file.

Best regards

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !