p300 matrix speller with unequal row and column sizes

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
chantrip

p300 matrix speller with unequal row and column sizes

Post by chantrip »

Dear Openvibe

Happy Chinese New Year :). I'm still working on p300 matrix speller and trying a speller with different matrix size. Let's say I want to try a matrix speller of size 9x4 with a-z and 0-8 letters. Which files do I need to modify? Other than changing the Row and Column size in p300-speller-stimulator.cfg, I believe I have to modify p300-speller-target.lua and p300-speller.ui. For p300-speller.ui, I have to use Glade3 to draw a new table. However, for p300-speller-target.lua, how to modify and compile? Also, let me know if I have to modify any other files?

Thank you very much

-Jim

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: p300 matrix speller with unequal row and column sizes

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Jim,
However, for p300-speller-target.lua, how to modify and compile?
Lua language is interpreted, not compiled. You just need to modify the script and play the scenario.
You will need to modify the grid to match yours, and use the good settings to get the right column and row stimulation bases.
For example, 5 rows with base Label_01 would be coded with Label_01 to Label_05.

The P300 speller visualization box must also be reconfigured with the new .ui file to be used, and the stimulation bases.

Hope this helps !

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

chantrip

Re: p300 matrix speller with unequal row and column sizes

Post by chantrip »

Thanks a lot and it works fine now :D . However, at size 10x10, part of the matrix is bigger than the monitor !!

-Jim