voltage range and scroll bar

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
chantrip

voltage range and scroll bar

Post by chantrip »

Dear Openvibe

I'm using EMOTIV EPOC headset working on p300-xDAWN speller on Windows XP. I would like to ask 2 questions:

1. I tried to export the processed signal from Openvibe using 'File Writer' in .csv format. What's the unit of the output signal? Normally, p300 voltage is in the range of micro-volt?

2. In the 'Configure ... setting' menu, I add several input boxes using

Code: Select all

rBoxAlgorithmPrototype.addSetting()
until they're beyond the scope of the monitor screen. How can I add a scroll-bar to the 'Configure ... setting' to edit the menu far below the screen?

Please let me know if I need to provide any further detail and thank you very much for your help.

-Jim

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: voltage range and scroll bar

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Jim,
1. I tried to export the processed signal from Openvibe using 'File Writer' in .csv format. What's the unit of the output signal? Normally, p300 voltage is in the range of micro-volt?
openvibe uses the values given by the acquisition device as-is. I don't know what is the voltage unit coming from the EPOC, I guess the documentation of the device will tell you :)
In the 'Configure ... setting' menu, I add several input boxes using
Code:
rBoxAlgorithmPrototype.addSetting()
until they're beyond the scope of the monitor screen. How can I add a scroll-bar to the 'Configure ... setting' to edit the menu far below the screen?
This limitation was simply not foreseen at the time of initial development. This case happens rarely but when it comes it's really annoying, I agree...
I can't tell you right now where to look or how hard the modification can be. In fact the configuration window is generated automatically regarding the box descriptor, so it may not be as simple as we could imagine.

I check that and let you know how you can help if I can't modify this quickly.

Cheers!

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !