signal calculator

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
gotte

signal calculator

Post by gotte »

Using Clock stimulator and DSP blocks it is easy to generate signals. Like using Simulink or SciCos. However how to proceed if one wants to combine different signals ? is there a DSP block that allows that ?
I am working on a simulation of two source signals that are measured by two surface electrodes at varying distance from the sources. Each surface electrode is a weighted sommation of both source signals (sources are simple sinusoids with varying phase). The idea is to see how varying the phase angle willa ffect the "recorded" signals at the surface.

Sincerely

Dr. G. Otte

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: signal calculator

Post by yrenard »

gotte wrote:Using Clock stimulator and DSP blocks it is easy to generate signals. Like using Simulink or SciCos. However how to proceed if one wants to combine different signals ? is there a DSP block that allows that ?
There is no such box. However, if you know C++, I think it should be easy to develop one yourself. In such condition, you should have a look to the "creating a signal processing algorithm and use it in a box" tutorial. After you managed to understand this tutorial, you will be able to create the box you want. In your case, you will need two inputs and a single output. If you need more help on this development, feel free to ask here :) !
gotte wrote:I am working on a simulation of two source signals that are measured by two surface electrodes at varying distance from the sources. Each surface electrode is a weighted sommation of both source signals (sources are simple sinusoids with varying phase). The idea is to see how varying the phase angle willa ffect the "recorded" signals at the surface.
Sorry I didn't understand what you meant here.

Yann

gotte

Post by gotte »

Dear Yann,

Unfortunately I am not at all familiar with Cpp and its syntax. I did program before but in assembly and some script languages but that was before the age of OOP. I have scrolled through the box tutorial but am afraid that it will take to much time (for me) just to make a new box to add two signals.

I will ask a programmer to look at it further. (if he has the time)

Assuming that others would like also these signal analysis functionality (adding, substracting, transfert function (such as for masked pursuit) convolution of signals etc..) maybe someone has already done this. If so I would be obliged if You would let me know.

sincerely

Dr. G. Otte

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

gotte,

as we recently released the software, we have a few number of contributors for now. I know none of them working on what you need. So I'll put it in the TODO list for later developments. I can't tell you a date when such box would be available. Something helpfull would be that you write a more detailed description/specification of your needs for later development.

Yann

gotte

Post by gotte »

Dear Yann,

I will do that. But it is a challenge to develop ourselves and so after all we will try do do it ourselves. Not me in the first placcxe but one of oir BCI teammembers who feels well at home in C++. If we run into deep problems (64 bit compilation fi) we will ring your bell. Best way of learning is hands on trying first !

Thanks and sincerely.

We report to you later.

Dr. Georges Otte

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Hey, this is a good news !!

Tell your C++ guy to register on the forum so he can request for help :)

However, I recently updated the bug tracker so feel free to fill in any feature request you want in this bug tracker : http://openvibe.inria.fr/tracker

Best regards,
Yann

ddvlamin

Post by ddvlamin »

And he is registered :D .

Although I have programming experience, I have no experience with the compilation of big software packages, cmake or nsis. Although I learned a lot about this the past few days, it was no suprise to me, that I ran in some trouble during the compilation process that I could not handle myself. I posted my question here as it did not seem to fit in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65

Kind regards,
Dieter Devlaminck

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Hello Dieter and welcome on this board !

Answer for your questions will be on the other thread !

Yann