problem with CSV output

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
chantrip

problem with CSV output

Post by chantrip »

Hi

I use Openvibe-0.12.0-svn3107-src with EPOC headset on Windows XP. I am about to export the output data in CSV format. From the link http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation/ ... cellaneous, there are 3 types of data I can export in CSV format. I tried the signal one and it worked fine. However, when I tried to export the stimulation by selecting the stimulation type of data in the box 'CSV File Writer' (Scenario.jpg), once I stop the simulation, the error pops up as displayed in the file 'error.jpg'. So, here're my question

1) Is there anything wrong with CSV writer when selecting the stimulation?
2) I tried to export data in GDF format. Is there any program that can check what's in the GDF file?

Thank you very much for your help

-Jim
Attachments
Error
Error
Error.JPG (71.81 KiB) Viewed 4910 times
Scenario
Scenario
Scenario.JPG (26.7 KiB) Viewed 4910 times

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: problem with CSV output

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Jim and so sorry for the late reply !
We totally missed your message...
1) Is there anything wrong with CSV writer when selecting the stimulation?
Yes indeed. This problem with CSV writer has been reported and acknowledged. The file is produced, but the box crashes when uninitializing.
I patched the CSV File writer today in an attempt to fix this issue. If you are using openvibe from sources, you can try it right now.
Otherwise you will have to wait for the next release :)
2) I tried to export data in GDF format. Is there any program that can check what's in the GDF file?
Matlab + EEGLab toolbox is capable of reading GDF files. I think BioSig is also able to read GDF.

Sorry again for the late reply
Cheers

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

chantrip

Post by chantrip »

Dear Laurent

Thank you very much for your reply. According to the quote
If you are using openvibe from sources, you can try it right now
, do I have to download openvibe-0.12.0-svn3107-src.zip and reinstall everything again? Also, is ' CSV writer' ok with other file types e.g. 'Feature vector' or 'Streamed matrix'?

Thanks a lot for your help

-Jim

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Jim,
do I have to download openvibe-0.12.0-svn3107-src.zip and reinstall everything again?
I should have been more precise... If you are using openvibe from SVN sources, you can try it right now.
The SVN forge contains the latest version of openvibe on which we work daily. As a development version, it may be less stable than the release versions when we are integrating new features.

If you want to wait for the sources in zip archive the new release is scheduled by the end of January.
Also, is ' CSV writer' ok with other file types e.g. 'Feature vector' or 'Streamed matrix'?
Yes, the CSV File Writer can write any type of input in a file. Right click on the box to change the input type.

L-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !