Blink counter

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
Zeman

Blink counter

Post by Zeman »

how to make a scenario that allows u to train and count blinks of the eye.

jlegeny

Re: Blink counter

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Zeman,

Generally a blink presents itself as a spike appearing on the electrodes placed on the front (or in the frontal part of the scalp). A threshold with a reasonably chosen power should be enough to be able to detect a blink.

If you have a Neurosky headset it already provides blink detecting functionality.

In the driver you can choose to record the Blink Strength channel which is a signal containing the measure of the blinks "probabilty" (this measure is made by the device so we do not now what it actually does, but it does seem to work quite well). Additionally the driver sends a BLINK stimulation every time a blink is detected.

KevOoMadrid

Post by KevOoMadrid »

Hello,

I´m trying to get the blink measure wirh the NeuroSky Hardware, and the OpenVibe Software on Linux, since all the questions related are about NeuroSky with Windows, I have problems trying to get this measure because in one question in this forum they mention that in order to get the driver, OpenVibe has to be build with the MDT directory mentioned in a cmake file. The problem is that they have the directory of a .dll that I think is made for Windows, Since I´m working under Linux 14 how could i obtain the driver?

Hope Someone can help me.

Thanks in advance :)

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

currently OpenViBE only has a driver for Neurosky on Windows as the official driver does not support Linux. There is, however, a third party driver for Linux for Neurosky, but somebody would have to create an OpenViBE driver for the acquisition server using it.

It would be a nice contribution to the software.

Cheers
Jozef