Crash on git version around 12.sep.2013

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
hdcaicedo

Crash on git version around 12.sep.2013

Post by hdcaicedo »

hi! i dont know where to put this error, but here its

i got the latest git version of Openvibe, and build it in Ubuntu 13:04 64bits with some trouble, but i get it. my problem is, when i play the scenario sinus oscilator-->Spectral Analysis the Designer crashes and the console shows this:

terminate called without an active exception
./openvibe-designer.sh: line 41: 4842 Aborted (core dumped) /home/hdcaicedo/openvibe/dist/bin/openvibe-designer

i also tried with the power-spectrum scenario in the examples, but crashes too

I appreciate any help

Ubuntu 13:04 64bits

jtlindgren

Re: Crash on git version around 12.sep.2013

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello,

we can't reproduce this bug on Ubuntu 13.04 / 64 bits here. If you had problems with the compilation, that could explain it (although you give us no details, so this is speculation). With your ubuntu setup, the following steps should make openvibe compile without any problems:

git clone https://gforge.inria.fr/git/openvibe/openvibe.git
cd openvibe/scripts
bash ./linux-install-dependencies
bash ./linux-build

If doing a clean build like that from a freshly cloned repo doesn't fix the issue, one thing you could do is to run 'openvibe-designer.sh --debug', followed by 'run'. Then, use 'bt' after it crashes which gives more information where the crash exactly happens. You could send us that information and the scenario .xml file, although we cannot promise to be able to fix it with this in case we still cannot reproduce it here.

Best,
Jussi