Is there a box to display images?

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
Joan Fruitet

Is there a box to display images?

Post by Joan Fruitet »

In order to build my own experiment, I need to give instructions to the subject.
One way of doing it would be to display different images when specific simulations arrives.

I was going to try to build this box, but maybe someone built a similar box already...?

vdelanno

Re: Is there a box to display images?

Post by vdelanno »

Joan Fruitet wrote:In order to build my own experiment, I need to give instructions to the subject.
One way of doing it would be to display different images when specific simulations arrives.

I was going to try to build this box, but maybe someone built a similar box already...?
Hi Joan,

no such box currently exists in the platform. It would make a nice addition though, especially if it's designed to be easily reusable ;o) E.g. new stimulation ID, .png image pairs could perhaps be specified as box parameters without having to recompile the plugin...

One easy way to code this box would be to duplicate the GrazVisualisation plugin, which is quite similar to your needs. It only displays left/right arrows, but the principle would be the same.

Hope this helps!

Joan Fruitet

Post by Joan Fruitet »

Thank you for your response.

I just start duplicating the GrazVisualisation plugin a few minutes before reading your message. :)
I will start with a simple box with no parameters (I am in a little hurry) and improve it latter.

by the way what are the OpenViBE::CIdentifier(0x00DD290E, 0x5F142821) numbers?
I've just put some random numbers right now and it seams to be working...

vdelanno

Post by vdelanno »

Identifiers, as their name suggests, are used to unambiguously identify objects in OpenViBE. They can be used with any kind of object.

Why use Identifiers? This is the preferred way of referring to an object in OpenViBE, especially when communicating between different projects (eg. OpenViBE kernel <-> OpenViBE API <-> OpenViBE plugin), because this approach will automatically work when computation distribution is implemented. It also has other advantages over pointers referencing, which can lead to crashes when dereferencing an invalid pointer.

What are Identifiers? They are composed of a 64 bit integer, which allows an insanely large number of different IDs to be generated. Random IDs may be generated using the test-id-generator command file distributed with OpenViBE. Since it is extremely unlikely that these IDs have been generated before, you can simply copy/paste them in your code where needed.

(actually it doesn't even really matter whether these IDs have been generated before, as long as they are used to identify different types of objects, or objects situated in completely separated scopes)

There's more to know about them (such as global identifiers shared between projects), but it's a good start ;)