CSV export

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
will9twl

CSV export

Post by will9twl »

Hi,

I'm trying to use the CSV writer, but the files that I write, I want the values to be in separate columns and not separated by the 'semi-colon'. I've tried /t but it doesn't seem to work. Hope someone can advise on creating tabs.

Thanks a lot!

EEGHelp

Re: CSV export

Post by EEGHelp »

Hi

I guess what you mean is an issue related to opening a CSV file with an external software like Excel or Access? If such is the case I would suggest the following.

Instead of opening the CSV file directly by double clicking on the file icon, first open the software (like Excel or Calc). Then, from within the software, open up the file with the "open file" option from the software menu. Then select the file to open, and when it gives you the option to choose about the format for separating values in columns, deselect the automatic separation by length andchoose the semi colon as a marker.

I guess that would help you, in case that it is that the issue to solve, if I understood well?

will9twl

Post by will9twl »

EEGHelp wrote:Hi

I guess what you mean is an issue related to opening a CSV file with an external software like Excel or Access? If such is the case I would suggest the following.

Instead of opening the CSV file directly by double clicking on the file icon, first open the software (like Excel or Calc). Then, from within the software, open up the file with the "open file" option from the software menu. Then select the file to open, and when it gives you the option to choose about the format for separating values in columns, deselect the automatic separation by length andchoose the semi colon as a marker.

I guess that would help you, in case that it is that the issue to solve, if I understood well?
Hi EEGHelp,

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I'm trying to open the .csv file with MS Excel. However, I can't find the option to choose the format after clicking the 'open file' icon; it brings me straight to opening the file.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Will

will9twl

Post by will9twl »

I found the option to use semicolon as separator.

It is under Data tab, and under Text to Column icon of MS Excel 2007.

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear will9twl,

did you finally manage to import all you need with the CSV file writer ?

Yann