Sample scenarios

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
vdelanno

Sample scenarios

Post by vdelanno »

An archive containing sample scenarios & data can be found here : http://www.irisa.fr/bunraku/OpenViBE/sa ... narios.zip

These scenarios are intended to demonstrate the use of a number of OpenViBE Designer functionalities, and should be of great help for first time users!

gotte

Re: Sample scenarios

Post by gotte »

Do You also have scenario's available for Neurofeedback ? I would like to use a theta/alfa index to interactively steer some VR object in real time (like on the instruction video)

Sincerely

Dr. G. Otte

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

gotte,

welcome on this board and thank you for your interest in OpenViBE.

More scenarios can be found now in the forge and in the package installer under the share/openvibe-scenarios folder. There is no specific neurofeedback scenario included (I will include the one we used for the Tie-Fighter application in a future release). But for what you want to achieve, you probably have every OpenViBE boxes you need. Please check the included sample scenarios to see if is fits your needs.

gotte

Post by gotte »

dear moderator,

Open Vibe is super ! I worked out a neurofeedback system 22 ch in less then 1 minute. Putting up the boxes, bandpass filter the signals, time epoch them for a power spectrum and there You are.
but now I have to find a method to use the numerical output from the powerspectrum to steer a Tie fighter or some other graphic object.

If You can send me an example how You did this ?? that could be helpfull.

Thanks (and congratulations on a piece of software that will become a standard: brilliant building block concept ! )

dr. G. Otte
Neurolabo at P.C Dr. Guislain
F. Ferrerlaan 88 a
9000 Gent
belgium

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

gotte wrote: Open Vibe is super ! I worked out a neurofeedback system 22 ch in less then 1 minute. Putting up the boxes, bandpass filter the signals, time epoch them for a power spectrum and there You are.
Thank you very much !
May I ask you what EEG amplifier you are using ?

For the Tie Fighter lifting demo, I will post you a clean scenario before tomorow evening. Are you using Windows or Linux ? Have you got the VR-Demo working ?

Yann

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Hello,

here is a sample tie-fighter like scenario. In the archive, you will find a GDF file that you should put in your openvibe-scenarios/signals folder. The XML scenario file can be put wherever you want.

This scenario was used in order to lift the tie fighter in our VR-demos. It is based on beta rebound on feet movement imagination. So the scenario is based on a single Cz channel.

The crop and the last simple DSP boxes should be tuned according to the user's base activity.

I hope this helps,
Best regards
Yann

PS: this scenario and the associated signal file will be included in the next release
Attachments
neurofeedback.zip
(250.98 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

gotte

Post by gotte »

Dear yann,

The ampli is by ANT ( but essentially the same as reefa TMSI 22 ch EEG) working under windows XP.
interfacing with Open Vibe worked flawlessly using the NeXus 32 bit ( at 256 sampling freq)
I still have to look at the VR demo (oeps....forgot that). Will be back.

PS Just started a project with a polish student on Neurofeedback with open Vibe !! I urged her to see through the (excellent) video's and become member of this forum (Alicja). If all goes well we should have a first clinically working system ready by end of august ?? (or sooner). very exciting ! Open Vibe is a great service to us clinicians in neurophysiology as it's concept opens doors to exciting applications: block by block !

Keep You posted.

Dr. G. Otte

gotte

Post by gotte »

Dear Yann,

Thank You for the very illustrative example on neurofeedback. I could follow the built - up very easily.
I will check the FAQ and manual to find out how to direct the output to actually steer an object.
Come back to You later should I not find out.

Georges Otte

EEGHelp

Post by EEGHelp »

Hello again Yann

I currently do not have a multi channel EEG, just a one with a single channel, but I am trying to look at the sample scenarios in the meantime.

They all work well, except for the last one, the 2D/3D, and would like to know whether it may be because the sample is older than the curent OpenVibe version?

The 3D head visualizer box looks great by I cannot see the colors of the moving brainwaves, the 2D doesn't shows anything. I don't have any problm for selecting boxes in the design screen. I have Windows Vista. I saw with the info button that the amount of CPU load is not really high, so I wonder if it is the compatibility isue between different versions of scenarios and application? The 3D box looks gray in the designer.

When I eliminated the 3D in the designer, it still doesn't allows to see the 2D.

Here I post an image. Thanks for any help.
Attachments
Image OpenVibe.jpg
Image OpenVibe.jpg (171.11 KiB) Viewed 18145 times

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Hello EEGHelp,

what does your console say ? Are there any warning about file not found or something like this ?

Best regards,
Yann

EEGHelp

Post by EEGHelp »

Hello Yann

Here is the screenshot image

Thanks
Attachments
Console error.jpg
Console error.jpg (157.52 KiB) Viewed 18054 times

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Hello EEGHelp,

Did you actually press the "run" button on this screenshot ?

Yann

EEGHelp

Post by EEGHelp »

Hello Yann

Oops, I think I did a mistake on the previous screnshot.

Here goes the one after pressing play

Thanks
Attachments
OpenVibe2.jpg
OpenVibe2.jpg (101.92 KiB) Viewed 18044 times

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

As you can see, the GDF file reader complains about an invalid GDF file. Either the file is not present, or the file has been corrupted in someway. Can you configure this box to test with another GDF file ? You should be able to find a sample GDF file in the openvibe-scenarios

Best regards,
Yann

EEGHelp

Post by EEGHelp »

Hello Yann

I don't know why is this. The other files work fine. I was jus wondering how is that it would be the 2D/3D scenario.