Python3 Modules could not be found

About the GUI application to design signal processing pipelines
nchild

Python3 Modules could not be found

Post by nchild »

Hello,

I have been using the Python 3 Scripting box successfully in my OpenVibe Designer 3.4.0 that was installed using the OpenVibe installer for Windows. I set the path variables correctly so that the Python scripting and pybox modules appear in the designer. However, I recently built OpenVibe from source rather than using the installer, and now the Python-related boxes are not showing up. When I launch the designer, these warnings are printed when the plugins are being added:

Code: Select all

[WARNING] File [C:/test/openvibe-3.4.0-src/dist/x64/Release//bin/openvibe-plugins-contrib-pybox.dll] is not a plugin module (error:The specified module could not be found.  )
[WARNING] File [C:/test/openvibe-3.4.0-src/dist/x64/Release//bin/openvibe-plugins-contrib-python3.dll] is not a plugin module (error:The specified module could not be found.  )
This seems like OpenVibe can find Python, but cannot find the plugin modules, since it found Python when installed from the Windows installer. I did not build OpenVibe in a separate environment, so that should not be causing the issue. Is there any way to fix this error so that the Python boxes appear in the designer?
Thank you,
-Nathan

Thomas

Re: Python3 Modules could not be found

Post by Thomas »

Hi Nathan,

Would you be able to share your build logs ?

The best would be the logs of a fresh build, running the following:

Code: Select all

rm buid; build.cmd > build.log
I hope to find information in there.

Thank you,
Thomas

nchild

Post by nchild »

Hello Thomas,

Here is the build.log file from a fresh install. Thank you,

-Nathan
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi Nathan,

Thank for the build logs.

What I see is that both the Python3 and Polybox have been built, that's why they exist and the Designer tries to load them.

I can see the python version used is installed from Anaconda, and I have heard of issues finding python when installed from Anaconda...

Could you try something different ?
I would suggest installing python 3.7 using an installer from Python.
Make sure the root folder of your freshly installed python appears in your Path variable, before any other python version.

Then you need to run a fresh build again, and you can check from the build logs that the Python version used is the correct one, at the line starting with:
"-- Found Python3:"

Hope this helps, keep us updated on the progress.

Cheers,
Thomas

nchild

Post by nchild »

Hello Thomas,

I am not sure why Openvibe was defaulting to using Anaconda, so I uninstalled it from the system and rebuilt Openvibe using Python 3.7.8 as can be verified in the new build log, "build2.log", where it shows the "Found Python3" line like you said. However, I am still getting the same error when I launch the Designer and the Python 3 Scripting box is not found. The new build2.log file is in the same drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thank you,
-Nathan

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the new logs.

Although Python is detected and the boxes are built, the OpenViBE build is failing because of the Signal Flattener code (from the tutorial I guess ?).

The fact the the build is interrupted could be the issue.
Can you fix the build error, have the build complete and run the Designer again ?

Thank you,
Thomas

nchild

Post by nchild »

Hello Thomas,

Thank you so much! Yes, that turned out to be the issue. I fully removed and rebuilt the dependencies, build.cmd, etc. and now the Designer is launching without error and with the python scripting boxes. I was never able to fully figure out how to implement a box from the skeleton generator, so that tutorial signal flattener was somewhat half-built. Thank you for the assistance,
-Nathan