actiCHamp Timeout in OpenViBE 2.1

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
kkotowski

actiCHamp Timeout in OpenViBE 2.1

Post by kkotowski »

Hi,
I'm trying to use Brain Products actiCHamp with OpenViBE 2.1. I am able to successfully connect and receive data from the device using OpenViBE for BrainProducts 1.2.0.1 (based on OpenViBE 0.17.0) without any effort. Using OpenViBE 2.1, I am able to connect with the device and run impedance check using a native actiCHamp driver but I have an issue with "Timeout after 5000 milliseconds" after pushing Play. I bet this is a problem with default headset configuration or I'm missing something?

jtlindgren

Re: actiCHamp Timeout in OpenViBE 2.1

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello,

we don't unfortunately have the device at Inria so we cannot test it, and I hear the support contract between Mensia and Brain Products has expired. Have you asked the manufacturer if they have an idea?

Best,
Jussi

kkotowski

Post by kkotowski »

I will ask Brain Products than and let you know. Anyway, I was surprised by this Timeout regarding OpenViBE release notes saying: "This release is the conclusion of the CertiViBE project -- two years of tight collaboration between Inria & Mensia Technologies." :)
Last edited by kkotowski on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

This is a bit off topic, but it might be interesting to know that the certivibe project did not include acquisition at all. Acquisition Server and all device drivers were outside its scope.

For those interested, the actual scope can be seen in the structure of the gitlab code repository: sdk is firmly certivibe, designer is following similar processes, whereas meta and extras (which contains the acquisition) were not involved in the project.

Best,
Jussi

kkotowski

Post by kkotowski »

Answer from Brain Products technical support (techsup@brainproducts.com) after exchanging a few mails:

As the system works with both Recorder and 0.17 of OpenViBE Acquisition Server, it seems it is an OpenVIBE 2.1 specific issue. We can't provide help. Please contact INRIA. We would provide a loan actiCHAMP if they need it for debugging.
Last edited by kkotowski on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kkotowski

Post by kkotowski »

Finally, I worked around the problem by using Acquisition Server from OpenViBE for BrainProducts (based on OpenViBE 0.17.0) with Acquisition client box from OpenViBE 2.1.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Thanks for the feedback! We currently have no resources to debug issues at Inria regarding drivers/devices that we don't ourselves use, but this might change in the future if the OpenViBE consortium launches.

Before that, the best we can do is to include patches if anybody submits them.

ps. the email address seems to be one of brain products, not mensia. They are quite different companies. :)

kkotowski

Post by kkotowski »

jtlindgren wrote: ps. the email address seems to be one of brain products, not mensia. They are quite different companies. :)
Of course, you are right, I've edited my posts to avoid confusion.