Error with motor imagery scenario acquisition

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
nanton

Error with motor imagery scenario acquisition

Post by nanton »

Hello,

I'm trying to implement the Open VIBE motor imagery BCI scenarios in a research project using an Open BCI 16-channel headset. I am able to execute scenario 0 and am monitoring the signals which all seem to be running appropriately. However, I'm unable to execute scenario 1 for signal acquisition and am receiving the following error messages:
[ INF ] At time 0.000 sec <Box algorithm::(0x00000de5, 0x00006f3d) aka Graz Motor Imagery BCI Stimulator> Lua script terminated
[ ERROR ] At time 0.141 sec <Box algorithm::(0x000013d3, 0x000029d9) aka Generic stream writer> {Error description} : {Error opening file [C:/Program Files (x86)/openvibe-2.0.1/share/openvibe/scenarios/bci-examples/motor-imagery/signals/motor-imagery-1-[2018.03.29-10.12.32].ov] for writing}, {Error type} : {OpenViBE::Kernel::ErrorType::BadFileWrite (code 41)}, {Error location} : {C:\ovm\sdk\plugins\processing\file-io\src\box-algorithms\openvibe\ovpCBoxAlgorithmGenericStreamWriter.cpp::84}
[ ERROR ] {Error description} : {Box algorithm <Generic stream writer> processInput function failed}, {Error type} : {ErrorType::Internal (code 2)}, {Error location} : {C:\ovm\sdk\kernel\src\kernel\player\ovkCSimulatedBox.cpp::230}
[ ERROR ] {Error description} : {Process failed for box with id (0x000013d3, 0x000029d9)}, {Error type} : {ErrorType::Internal (code 2)}, {Error location} : {C:\ovm\sdk\kernel\src\kernel\player\ovkCScheduler.cpp::687}

I'm not sure what the error is, and would appreciate any insight on what could be preventing the execution of this scenario.

Thank you in advance,
Nick Anton

jtlindgren

Re: Error with motor imagery scenario acquisition

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Nick, new users often run into this issue. Its solution can be found in the following,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/faq/#write-error

Best,
Jussi

nanton

Re: Error with motor imagery scenario acquisition

Post by nanton »

Thank you very much, Jussi!