Using Brain Products LiveAmp with OpenVibe

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Rhtsg

Using Brain Products LiveAmp with OpenVibe

Post by Rhtsg »

Dear OV team,

I was trying to use LiveAmp with OpenVibe.
LiveAmp can connect to Recorder and I did enable the RDA in Recorder settings.
Now if I choose the "Brain Products amplifiers (through BrainVision Recorder)", I should be able to receive the data in OpenVibe acquisition server.
However, clicking the Connect button, did not work.
The CMD showed
"ERROR - First Message received is not an header!
Try to reconnect
Connection failed
Disconnecting."

During this time, the Recorder was running and showing the data received from the LiveAmp amplifier.

Instead of connection port 1024, I also input 51244, even though this information is already set inside Driver Properties. But it still did not connect.
any idea on what the possible reason could be ?
Thanks
Attachments
liveamp openvibe_2.jpg
liveamp openvibe_2.jpg (196.78 KiB) Viewed 2783 times

jtlindgren

Re: Using Brain Products LiveAmp with OpenVibe

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Rhtsg,

The BrainVision Recorder is an old contributed driver and its not impossible that some modification would have broken it over time; we don't have the necessary materials here at the lab so its difficult to test or to say one way or another.

However, recently BrainProducts has contributed a native LiveAmp driver which will be included in the next openvibe release (planned July 2017). If you are in a hurry, you can get openvibe from git and compile yourself, as the support is already there. See http://openvibe.inria.fr/repo-instructions/

ps. the port you see in the acquisition server main window is the port AS communicates with Designer. Its not the port between AS and the BV Recorder. The error you see about header is due to the AS driver code only understanding BrainVision Recorder headers with 'l_structRDA_MessageHeader.nType == 1'. If this is not the case, it won't accept the connection. One possibility is that the recorder sends out some other nType (whatever that means) which is not supported by our Recorder driver.

Best,
Jussi