P300 speller with Enobio 8

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
clindigl

P300 speller with Enobio 8

Post by clindigl »

Hello!!!!

I want to use the P300 speller with Enobio 8 (neuroelectrics).
I'm using openViBE 1.3.0 on Linux and, apparently, the device is not supported. However, the manual says that it's compatible, is it the case? How can I include it, or which device should I select within the acquisition server in order to visualize the signals? Thank you very much in advance!!

Best,
Cecilia

jtlindgren

Re: P300 speller with Enobio 8

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Cecilia,

I don't know if the Enobio3G driver supports the '8' version of the device. This'd be better verified from the company that contributed the driver.

If it should work, read on. :)

First, it seems that the Linux code is there in principle, but I don't know how well it has been tested or if it works. Again, try checking from the contributor (the Neuroelectrics company). From what I can see, you could try to get it to work as follows,

1) Get the Enobio linux libraries compatible with your Linux distribution and cpu architecture (64bit need 64bit libs etc) from the Neuroelectrics company
2) Remove the disabling of the driver from openvibe in cmake-modules/FindThirdPartyNeuroElectricsEnobio3G.cmake
3) Extract the Enobio library archive so that the script above can find it; make sure symbolic links point correctly
4) You may need to install qt4-default pkg
5) Rebuild openvibe
6) If it doesn't find some lib when you launch the server, copy the enobio libs to dist/lib/

Cheers,
Jussi

clindigl

Post by clindigl »

Thank you very much Jussi!!!! Will try it :)

clindigl

Post by clindigl »

Hello Jussi!!!

I've seen that the acquisition server includes now ENOBIO3G :)
However, I don't manage to connect the device...it seems to me that when I enter the MAC address through the driver properties and click "apply" it gets removed. Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks a lot!!!!

Best,
Cecilia