Impedance check over LSL

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
esinger3141

Impedance check over LSL

Post by esinger3141 »

Hello,

I'm using a g.USBamp streaming over LSL from OVAS, through the Designer LSL Export object.

Is it possible to do an impedance check over LSL and receive impedance values back? Would I need to reconfigure my OV/Designer scenario to accomplish this?

Thank you,
Eric

jtlindgren

Re: Impedance check over LSL

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Eric,

there's currently no mechanism to export the impedance values from the acquisition server using any means. I can imagine the values would be useful outside acquisition server
in the use cases where the acquisition server itself was inconvenient to access and was operated remotely. However, this remote control is not currently supported. Since
impedance checking is typically a separate amplifier state that needs to be enabled and disabled manually, you need to be able to access the acquisition server by hand in order to switch between these states. And if you're already doing that, you might as well look at the impedances there.

It would not be too difficult to make acquisition server push the impedance values somewhere (lsl, tcp socket, file, ...) if you're comfortable with a bit of coding, but that'd still leave the state change problem. Coding remote control would be a slightly larger task.

Cheers,
Jussi

esinger3141

Post by esinger3141 »

Thanks, Jussi. I was thinking of that as a next step - adding a socket to receive a "check impedances" command and returning the results. This seems like it wouldn't be too difficult (though I haven't yet tried to compile the OV source). If I do this, I will offer it back to the OV community.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

I agree, remote control shouldn't be too difficult to hack. I think the first attempt would just be to do whatever the gtk callbacks do when some button is pressed in the GUI, or even call the same callbacks manually when some command is received. Then there's the question what to do with all the log output in remote use conditions, and how to handle+report errors, but as a first attempt just getting the server to change state and output the impedance values seems useful already.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Jussi