Acq server does not receive data frm Neurosky mindwave mob

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
barten6

Acq server does not receive data frm Neurosky mindwave mob

Post by barten6 »

Hi,
I'm trying to run Neurosky mindwave mobile with OV. Trouble is:
1. When building up the BT-connection, headset enhances automatically its COM-port-numbers. Actually, here they are at COM23 (IN) and COM24 (OUT). BT-Connections on theAcqServer, however, seem to be limited to those on COM16. Is there any advice how to handle this?
2. it seems, that the parameters (bitrate, stop-bits, buffer size, sample count, 16550-compatibility ecc) used by the Headset are different frm the Standard Settings of the NeuroSky 2.1-Driver in the AcqServer. I don't get the appropriate info frm NSky, they refer to you (!!!!!). Have any experiance with this...?
Rds
P.B.

jtlindgren

Re: Acq server does not receive data frm Neurosky mindwave m

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Barten,

I suppose this is one of the situations where you just have to play around with the code, modify stuff and see what happens. Neurosky should be the best experts on their own hardware parameters.

About the com ports, if I remember correctly, the neuroscan driver is scanning the ports, we cannot make it scan up to infinity. Perhaps there's some way to reset the port back to a lower number outside openvibe. Making the com port an arbitrary parameter has the problem that then the users would need to discover the correct ports with some external mechanism.

Cheers,
Jussi

barten6

Re: Acq server does not receive data frm Neurosky mindwave m

Post by barten6 »

Hi Jussi,
sounds very ambigously.
At least, I have found a remedy (even though not a solution) for the COM-port issue, which seems to have General character. The following procedure resets the COM-port number:

"Here's the way to release the existing com port:
a.Input "regedit" commend to open the registry editor
b.Navigate to Local machine->System->Current Control Set->Control->Com Name Arbiter
c.Right click the ComDB and select the "Modify" option
d.Delete all the letters and numbers in front the "00" in the first line, then click the "OK" button.
For more details, please refer to this article:
https://forbharat.wordpress.com/2011/11 ... n-windows/ "[/b][/i]

After this reset, the acq-server recognizes the Headset.

rds
Peter