Acquisition server not working with Biosemi Active Two

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
kjantzen

Acquisition server not working with Biosemi Active Two

Post by kjantzen »

I am trying to use OpenViBE to read and analyze data in real time from a Biosemi Active Two Mark II. The Acquisition server (V1.1.0) recognizes my peripheral and indicates that the connection status is fine. However, when I try to connect to the Active Two so I can begin to send data to the Designer I get the following error. "An error occurred while dropping united samples at initialization time." which causes the connection to fail.

I have tried the same procedure on a 32 and 64 bit windows 7 platform with the same results.

Does anyone have any insight into the cause of these errors and how to correct them?

Thanks in advance.

KJ

Mensia Support

Re: Acquisition server not working with Biosemi Active Two

Post by Mensia Support »

Dear Kjantzen,

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you already use this device to stream data ?
The acquisition server is able to recognize the peripheral and detect it as "connected" as soon as the BioSemi USB2 RECEIVER module is on and connected to your computer, even if it didn't start streaming data. This means that the device can be detected as "Connected" in the driver properties when it's still not connected properly to start streaming data. The log message you get suggests that this may be the issue you're facing.
When clicking on "Connect" a second window should appear, containing an icon that indicates if the CMS is in range, if this icon is red, this probably means that your device is not properly connected.
If this is the case, I recommend you to refer to BioSemi website http://www.biosemi.com

I hope this can help you.
Regards
Mensia Support

kjantzen

Re: Acquisition server not working with Biosemi Active Two

Post by kjantzen »

The biosemi amplifier indicates that the CMS is in range. I do not get a second window after pushing the "Connect" button regardless of whether the CMS is in range or not. Any additional help would be appreciated.

BTW, I just noticed the following warning when starting the Acquisition Server:

Registry key Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Brain Quick - System 98\EE_Settings is not initialized

Thanks

KJ