g.Nautilus support

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Athan

g.Nautilus support

Post by Athan »

Hi all,

Has anyone tried openvibe with g.Nautilus from g.tec?

Regards
A.

jtlindgren

Re: g.Nautilus support

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Athan,

I've heard some people got it to work by implementing their own prototype driver, but for now there is no driver for it in OpenViBE. It would of course be nice to have this driver in OpenViBE. I've had some chats with gtec people about it, but at the moment its not clear who would make this driver, or when. The OV core team doesn't have this device, and we mainly support hardware we have permanent physical access to (I 'guesstimate' that most openvibe drivers are contributions by third parties).

Best,
Jussi

Shreya Shah

Post by Shreya Shah »

Do i still need to install any drivers ?
Actually in Openvibe Acquisition server, i am able to connect and record but when it comes to Signal Display and if i try to play, there are some errors

[ ERROR ] Exception caught in box
[ ERROR ] [name:Acquisition client]
[ ERROR ] [class identifier:(0x00005a57, 0x00002019)]
[ ERROR ] [hint: Box processing]
[ ERROR ] [cause:bad allocation]
[ ERROR ] {Error description} : {Caught exception: bad allocation}, {Error type} : {ErrorType::ExceptionCaught (code 4)}, {Error location} : {C:\ovm\sdk\kernel\src\kernel\player\ovkCScheduler.cpp::724}
[ TRACE ] Player stop

Can someone please let me know asap how do i resolve it ?
I need to resolve it on urgent bases as my project deadline is tomorrow only. I have been trying to debug for so many days :(

Thanks,
Shreya

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Shreya,

some basic questions first,

- which OpenViBE version are you using?
- Does the problem happen only with the gNautilus driver or also with others? (you can try these simulated drivers without hardware: Generic Oscillator, Generic Sawtooth and NeuroRT Oscillator/Simulator).

Best,
Jussi

Shreya Shah

Post by Shreya Shah »

with General Oscillator it works fine but only with g.Nautilus it gives that error in Openvibe designer.

Some queries i have
1. Do i need to write driver code the way it's mentioned in this link - http://openvibe.inria.fr/openvibe/wp-co ... enViBE.pdf
2. only openvibe installer would work or do i need to download the source code and build it ? (i need microsoft visual studio, sdk and gtk too.. right ?)
3. in openvibe designer, any parameters settings for Acquisition client ?
3. Can you tell me the exact steps ?

Thanks a lot,
Shreya

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

The experiment with the Oscillator suggests that the Nautilus driver in particular is pushing out something the later steps cannot handle. If we can discover the source of the issue, we should fix two things 1) the driver 2) improve the robustness on the Designer/kernel side towards such unusual data.

For those steps you mention, it depends what you want to do. The nautilus should be *usable* from the executable openvibe provided by the Windows installer. If you wish to debug/code the driver on the code level, for that you need to be able to compile openvibe. To get the driver compiled, you need the 'gneedaccess' SDK from gtec. The compilation instructions are provided on the openvibe web documentation. If you can find out this way whats wrong and let us know, that'd of course be greatly appreciated. The situation is we don't have gNautilus hardware at Inria so we cannot test/debug on this end.

I am not sure if from our side we've built openvibe against the latest gNeedAccess. I'll check with gtec.

Cheers,
Jussi