Communication protocol of OpenEEG Modular EEG P2

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
amin.mahnam

Communication protocol of OpenEEG Modular EEG P2

Post by amin.mahnam »

Hi everyone,

I have made a 2 channels EEG acquisition system, and want to use openvibe software to acquire and process my data. I define a protocol for recognizing sequence of data in different channels (by sending special bytes between 2 channels data). Now my device is connected to openvibe software by choosing "OpenEEG Modular EEG P2" as a driver, but data is not received (no change in colorbar of openvibe acquisition server GUI).

I want to know how I can find communication protocol of supported acquisition devices by openvibe to implement on my device and change my protocol due to that.

Could anyone please help me?

My device properties is in following:
- ُSerial interface (Bluetooth)
- Baud rate: 19200

Thank you for any help and any idea.

Best Regards

gderou

Re: Communication protocol of OpenEEG Modular EEG P2

Post by gderou »

Hi,

I intend to do something similar. I have built an Arduino based EEG device, and I know need to get the data into OpenVibe.
I was thinking of implementing in the device the same serial protocol as OpenEEG (no reason to multiply the number of protocols in OpenVibe).

In the source package, there is the contrib\plugins\server-drivers\openeeg-modulareeg directory that contains the source code for the OpenEEG driver. That should be enough to get the protocol definition.

Guillaume

gderou

Post by gderou »

Apparently, the packet format is described here: http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/mode ... odeeg-p2.c

gderou

Post by gderou »

I managed to get my Arduino to connect with OpenVibe using the OpenEEG driver

kb12592

Post by kb12592 »

I'm getting the same problem, where the openEEG driver connects to the COM3 but does not read any data from arduino.

gderou - please could you tell me how you managed to connect your Arduino to openvibe using OpenEEG driver?

Many thanks,
Kathryn

kb12592

Post by kb12592 »

gderou wrote:I managed to get my Arduino to connect with OpenVibe using the OpenEEG driver
I'm trying to achieve the same things - OpenVibe acquisition server connects to the arduino port, but doesn't receive the data properly. Can you tell me how you achieved this?