Problem getting Vamp auxiliary channels in .17

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Zeraphil

Problem getting Vamp auxiliary channels in .17

Post by Zeraphil »

Hi all,

In the previous version of OpenVibe, we could access the auxiliary channels by setting the configuration token AcquisitionServer_Driver_VAmpAcquireAuxiliaryAsEEG = true. In the newest version this has stopped working. The acquisition server GUI just shows 16 channels. I can't access the auxiliary with the Channel Selector in anyway. I peeked around the source and noted that some feature of the header had changed, but I'm not sure if that means that the token is incorrect or that there is no way to set this feature unless I hardcode it and recompile.

Is there a quick solution to this that I may have missed? Thanks in advance!

jtlindgren

Re: Problem getting Vamp auxiliary channels in .17

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Zeraphil,

this is clearly a bug introduced in 0.17. We'll investigate.

Thank you for the report,
Jussi

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

We don't have the amp here at Inria at the moment, so I can't test, but if you compile with the attached files and set the token

AcquisitionServer_Driver_BrainProducts-VAmp_AcquireAuxiliaryAsEEG = 1

in $APPDATA/openvibe/openvibe-acquisition-server.conf (I assume you're on Windows),

does it work for you?

Best,
Jussi
Attachments
ovasCDriverBrainProductsVAmp.cpp
(12.49 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
ovasCHeaderBrainProductsVAmp.cpp
(10.28 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
ovasCHeaderBrainProductsVAmp.h
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

Zeraphil

Post by Zeraphil »

I will test and get back to you, thank you very much.

Also, I may have double posted (didn't see the message concerning message moderation), so my apologies for that, please ignore the second post.

Zeraphil

Post by Zeraphil »

Hi jtlindgren,

I tried the token and it doesn't work. Also, would you need the VAmp to test it? I can load the driver and click on "select channels" without it connected, and still see 16, when I would usually see 18. That's how I've been testing it, sometimes I don't have it connected. Does the Vamp need to be connected to at least see the numbers of channels in the channe selection window of the acquisition server?

Thanks!

Alternatively, is there any way of calling the auxiliary channels? They don't appear in the channel selection box whether they are configured as EEG or not.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

That is curious. If you compile acquisition server and use the compiled version and enable the token, you should see 18 channels. At least that's what I see. I'm not sure what could be the problem, if the token is in the correct file and you are using the version compiled with the files I attached.

Alternatively, you could take the same files from previous openvibe version and compile. In that case the driver should work as it did for you before.

Best,
Jussi

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hello there,

We have a VAmp here, and I confirm we have the same problem as Zeraphil with the Auxiliary channels.
I found more or less the same fix as you Jussi, (from what I see in the files attached). No problem then, I get the aux channels.
Here is my version of the files just in case, but I don't see why yours won't work compared to mine.

Laurent-
Attachments
ovasCConfigurationBrainProductsVAmp.cpp
(22.59 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
ovasCHeaderBrainProductsVAmp.cpp
(10.43 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
ovasCDriverBrainProductsVAmp.cpp
(14.36 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !