Need help with Emokit OpenVibe driver in Windows 7 x64 OS

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
beginner

Need help with Emokit OpenVibe driver in Windows 7 x64 OS

Post by beginner »

Hi,

I am a Windows user, I don't know C language and have very limited coding ability, I want to install your Emokit OpenVibe driver in Windows OS, I read the instructions on both RayMax's branch and Antoche's branch on github.com, but still have no clue of exactly what to do to install the Emokit OpenVibe driver in Windows.

I have downloaded the latest OpenVibe installation file for Windows from OpenVibe and installed it on Windows 7 x64, I can run the OpenVibe program in Windows, but I need to install this Emokit OpenVibe device driver in order to use the Emotiv EPOC in Emokit mode, can you please help me to understand what exact steps I need to take to install this driver?

Thank you so much!

jtlindgren

Re: Need help with Emokit OpenVibe driver in Windows 7 x64 O

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello,

Emokit is not supported by OpenViBE. You could try contacting the original authors of this driver/modification and use the version of openvibe which it was designed for. After 0.14, there has been a lot of changes and old external code may no longer work out of box. You can still find the old openvibe versions through the downloads page.

Best,
Jussi

beginner

Post by beginner »

Thank you for your reply.

Since Emotiv is not supported, I will not mention it any more, can you instead instruct me the steps to compile a typical custom build of OpenVibe in windows 7 x64, for the purpose of adding an externally developed device driver? please also let me know what programs/tools I would need to compile the code in Windows 7 x64 OS. With detailed instructions, I will be able to complete the task on my own.

Thank you!
Last edited by beginner on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Emotiv Epoc is supported (on Win, Research Edition reqd.), Emokit is not.

For build instructions, see

http://openvibe.inria.fr/build-instructions/

Also, there's a lot of helpful material in the openvibe web documentation.

Happy hacking,
Jussi