openeeg driver problem

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
neptunier

openeeg driver problem

Post by neptunier »

hi,
i am new to this forum and this software looks really good. i am doing neurofeedback and want to use the 2d and 3d visiualisation, and later maybe more.
however i have the same problems as mgr some posts ago, also the message after 500ms did not receive anything from the driver. the generic oscillator works.
i used two different rs232 to usb converters, both the same problem.
in the log console it also says "warning registery key software vb and vba programm settings/brainquick-system 98/eeg_settings is not initialized"
what does that mean?
thanks for your help
michael

neptunier

Re: openeeg driver problem solved

Post by neptunier »

i found the solution myself. in driver properties, you can choose com port 1-16. my modeeg was on port25, so i had to change it. i changed it in the device manager, but without reboot of win7. that was the problem. i also set the buffers on low. after reboot i could connect. however i have to change the device drift from 2 to 4, dont know what that does.
michael

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: openeeg driver problem

Post by lbonnet »

Hi michael!

I'm glad you found out by yourself.
however i have to change the device drift from 2 to 4, dont know what that does.
If you are talking about the drift tolerance in the server configuration, it represents how long (in ms) the server will wait before trying to correct a drift.
A drift happens when the sampling frequency measured differs from the theorical sampling frequency (for example you receive 99 samples instead of 100 per second. after a while the drift can be too high).

L
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !