Brain Products actiChamp supported ?

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
sebihoefle

Brain Products actiChamp supported ?

Post by sebihoefle »

We are about to buy the BrainVision actiCHamp of Brain Products. I saw that BrainAmp and some other systems are supported by OpenVIBE. Is the actiCHamp also supported by OpenVIBE ?

Brain Products provides the actiCHamp together with a aquisition software called Pycorder, which seems to be a substitute of the BrainVision Recorder software. The Pycorder provides remote data access (RDA) similar as the Recorder software does. Does OpenVIBE integrate with the Pycorder, as RDA client ?

Thanks,
Sebastian

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Brain Products actiChamp supported ?

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Sebastian and welcome on board !

We do not officially support the actiCHamp device. However the BrainProducts driver currently in the platform is capable of communicating with the BrainVision Recorder, so theoretically with any amplifier connected to the BrainVision Recorder.
I didn't implement myself the driver, but from what I understood from the code it's indeed an implementation of a RDA client. I can't assure you that it will work with Pycorder, as I don't know this software and can't test it.

Maybe the driver will need some patching to be able to run with Pycorder. In this case it could be a nice contribution ;)

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

sebihoefle

Post by sebihoefle »

Thanks for the answer. So, let`s hope that the Pycorder implements RDA the same way, as BrainVision Recorder does.

Best Regards,
Sebastian

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear sebihoefle,

as far as I know, the RDA protocol has been specified by BrainProducts themselves. It would be weird that the Pycorder software behaves differently than the BrainVision Recorder (btw, weird does not mean imposible ;) ).

Keep us posted,
Regards,
Yann

bcclab

Post by bcclab »

Hi!
I have the same problem!someone has solves it?
The general manager of brain products told us (at Neuoroscience in New Orleans) that OpenVibe is working to create the acquisition sourceCode for actiCHamp, do you confirm??

thanks
Nicoletta