Problems connecting to Mindset

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
kate443044

Problems connecting to Mindset

Post by kate443044 »

I have a brand new Mindset which I have trouble connecting to the server, sometimes it connects right away with no problems and sometimes I have to hit connect 3 or 4 times before it connects and unfortunately sometimes even after hitting connect for 40 or more times it still fails and there does not seem to be any consistent reason for it.

I am on Windows 7 64 bit and the Mindset works fine with other applications using both the COM port as well as the ThinkGear Connector.

I can open the COM port directly and see that there is data coming in - my best guess here is that its not waiting long enough to see if there is any data on the COM port before giving up as it goes through them rather quickly before deciding there is nothing. My Mindset is on COM10 and COM11, here is the console output:

[ INF ] Connecting to device [NeuroSky MindSet (MindSet Dev. Kit 2.1+)]...
[ INF ] ThinkGear DLL version: 21
[ INF ] Eye blink detection is possible.
[ INF ] ThinkGear Communication ID is: 75.
[ INF ] Scanning COM ports 1 to 16...
[ INF ] Connection available on port COM3 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the st
ream)
[ INF ] Connection available on port COM4 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the st
ream)
[ INF ] Connection available on port COM10 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the s
tream)
[ INF ] Connection available on port COM11 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the s
tream)
[ ERROR ] The driver was unable to find any valid device on serial port COM1 to
COM16.
[ ERROR ] Connection failed...
[ INF ] Disconnecting.

kate443044

Re: Problems connecting to Mindset

Post by kate443044 »

Oh I should also mention that while the server is scanning for the Mindset I see the blue light on it blinking like it is trying to connect but then the server seems to just give up and the light turns back to solid.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hello kate, and sorry for the late reply !

The openvibe driver can connect to the device only when everything is fine on the bluetooth/COM connection.
Unfortunately I don't have a Mindset right here with me to do some test, but if I remember well the headset must be connected using the bluetooth manager. When the device is OK on a COM port (and I think the blue light is solid at that point), you can try to connect the openvibe driver.

If you're still experiencing problems with the mindset driver I could do more test once I return to my lab (I'm on conference for the whole week).

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

Faiz

Post by Faiz »

Hi, I'm having the same problem too..my mindset is in com 5 and 6..Did you find the solution yet??

Thanks,