More problems connecting to NeuroSky Mindwave Mobile

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
edliversidge

More problems connecting to NeuroSky Mindwave Mobile

Post by edliversidge »

Hello,

I have a NeuroSky Mindwave Mobile device and have downloaded OpenViBE v0.15.0.

I am unable to connect to the device, even though the NeuroSky apps work (Bluetooth over COM3).

I open the acquisition server, select "NeuroSky MindSet (MindSet Dev. Kit 2.1+)", then click connect, but get this:

Code: Select all

[  INF  ] Connecting to device [NeuroSky MindSet (MindSet Dev. Kit 2.1+)]...
[  INF  ] ThinkGear DLL version: 21
[  INF  ] Eye blink detection is possible.
[  INF  ] ThinkGear Communication ID is: 24.
[  INF  ] Scanning COM ports 1 to 16...
[  INF  ] Connection available on port COM1 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the stream)
[  INF  ] Connection available on port COM2 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the stream)
[  INF  ] Connection available on port COM3 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the stream)
[  INF  ] Connection available on port COM4 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the stream)
[ ERROR ] The driver was unable to find any valid device on serial port COM1 to COM16.
[ ERROR ] Connection failed...
[  INF  ] Disconnecting.
I have trawled the forums, and checked that USB-SERIAL CH340 problem isn't stopping the connection http://support.neurosky.com/kb/mindwave ... ting-often, which it isnt.

I have even rebuilt from source, but nothing I do makes a difference.

The only think I can think of is that there is a problem because I am running on a 64bit win7 machine.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or help?

Many thanks,

Ed

jtlindgren

Re: More problems connecting to NeuroSky Mindwave Mobile

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello ed,

its been clearly mentioned in the supported hardware list that mindwave mobile is NOT supported until 0.16.0 (which is not released yet). You'll have to compile the SVN version or wait.

Best,
Jussi