problem opening openVibe aquization server

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
taspaceem

problem opening openVibe aquization server

Post by taspaceem »

Hi,
I am new in the BCI field and I am using Emotiv Epoc headset and I want to use the OpenVibe for data acquisition. I faced a problem in opening the Acquisition server, when I open it or open the openVibe designer, this message appears
The procedure entry point deflateSetHeader could not be located in the dynamic link library zlib1.dll

I tried to fix it by searching for the dll file needed and put it in the OpenVibe folder but this did not work, so please could someone help me to fix it.

Thank you so much,
Tasneem

jlegeny

Re: problem opening openVibe aquization server

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Tasneem,

which version of openvibe are you using? Have you used the installer or did you compile openvibe yourself?

taspaceem

Post by taspaceem »

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply, I am using OpenVibe v 0.16.1 on win 64 and yes I have downloaded the windows installer and the source cods then, installed the dependencies and when I open the aqcuizition server the above msg appears The procedure entry point deflateSetHeader could not be located in the dynamic link library zlib1.dll

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

After the binary install (source code should not be needed), the function in question should be exported by

C:\Program Files (x86)\openvibe\dependencies\gtk\bin\zlib1.dll

One possibility is that you have another zlib1.dll on your computer which Windows locates first. You could possibly use something like 'procmon' or 'dependency walker' to find out if this is the case. If so, you'd need to either remove the other zlib1.dll or make sure Windows picks the right file.

Best,
Jussi

taspaceem

Post by taspaceem »

Thanks for the reply,

I found the Zlib1.dll and placed it in the "SysWOW64" folder (as my pc runs win64) instead of "System32" folder and it worked properly.