Nexus 32 F

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Victor

Nexus 32 F

Post by Victor »

Hi

I am using a Nexus32 F over bluetooth.

I tried the generic oscillator, it works fine.

Using the Nexus32B Driver I get :

[ INF ] Connecting to device [MindMedia NeXus32B]...
[ INF ] Connection succeeded!
[ INF ] Staring the acquisition...
[ ERROR ] Could not start acquisition with NeXus API
[ ERROR ] Starting failed!
[ INF ] Stoping the acquisition

In the doc I read the client must first connect before pressing play in the server, but this doesn't even work with the generic oscillator..
Do you think this could be a version problem? (NexusB/NexusF)
or some driver problem?

Tank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Victor

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: Nexus 32 F

Post by yrenard »

Dear Victor,

Thank you for your interest in OpenViBE and welcome on this forum.

What's the difference between NeXus32B & NeXus32F ? Could you try the TMSi driver ? It should be compatible with your device as well.

Hope this helps,
Yann

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Victor and welcome on board !
In the doc I read the client must first connect before pressing play in the server, but this doesn't even work with the generic oscillator..
Indeed ! And it's a big mistake we've made in the documentation. I updated the Acquisition Server Overview page. Here is the good usage:
Once a device driver has been selected and relevant settings configured, data acquisition can start. The server should first connect to the acquisition device, which is done by clicking the 'Connect' button. A label will inform the user whether the connection was successful.

If the connection was established and the device(s) successfully connected, data sampling can be started/stopped by clicking 'Play'/'Stop'.

Once a driver is 'connected' and 'playing', the clients (e.g. acquisition client boxes in a Designer scenario) may be started : press 'play' in the designer. Data should be received, decoded and sent through the openvibe pipeline you deisgned.

In the acquisition server window, you should see the number of client connected to your server (e.g. '2 hosts connected')
As you can see you need to press Connect, then Play in the Acquisition Server. After that you can go in the Designer and play your scenario.
It should work with the Generic Oscillator !

However, regarding your other problem :

Code: Select all

[ ERROR ] Could not start acquisition with NeXus API
[ ERROR ] Starting failed!
I'm afraid that it means your Nexus32F is not compatible with the Nexus32B driver. To be more precise, the NeXus API given by the manufacturer to build this driver is not compatible with your device. It makes sense somehow because the Nexus32b is a wired device, and I don't think the old version of the API we're based on handle bluetooth connection.

In the FAQ, you can see that TMSi devices can be started either by the Nexus32B driver or by the TMSi driver (Refa32B). This driver is unstable if I remember well, you will have to add to your configuration file the following token :

Code: Select all

AcquisitionServer_ShowUnstable = true
I hope it will work... otherwise a new driver may be needed (or an update of the existing ones). I think such new driver should be strongly based on the existing ones.
A nice contribution to the community :)

Hope this helps !

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Laurent,

actually, the NeXus32B owned by INRIA has wireless support as well. But we never tried it...

Victor, maybe you can also use the Fiber and see if it's working.

Yann

Victor

Post by Victor »

Hi,

Thank you for your replies

hmm, we have the CD to the Nexus with the driver on it somewhere.. what can I do in 2 days? ^^
I am relativly good with standart c++ stuff.. but never tried anything with hardware devices/drivers etc..

I think I tried the TMSi driver without success, didn't even connect :(
I will try the Fiber

Cheers,
Victor