To build the connection with MicroMed

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
EdwardYANG

To build the connection with MicroMed

Post by EdwardYANG »

I try to build the connection with MicroMed(I have System PLUS Evolution), but I fail to. I would like to know should I buy SW EEG BCI(optional function of System PLUS Evolution)for using MicroMed as a acquisition system with OpenVibe. Thank you for your answer.

bpayan

Re: To build the connection with MicroMed

Post by bpayan »

Dear EdwardYANG,

Thank you for your interest in OpenViBE and welcome on this forum.

To build a connection with Micromed, System PLUS Evolution is not enough. You need to buy the option SW EEG BCI. This application is installed in your BQUSB Micromed Interface. it is mandatory to receive data by TCP/IP.
I think, I'll add this information in the acquisition server, in the windows parameters.

Best regards,

bpayan

Elsa88Joseph

Post by Elsa88Joseph »

To build a connection with Micromed, any operating system supports that?

bpayan

Post by bpayan »

Dear Elsa88Joseph,

Thank you for your interest in OpenViBE and welcome on this board.

The System PLUS Evolution software is compatible only on the Windows operating systems and the methods used to interpret the micromed data are contained only on a DLL. Consequently, you can use the driver micromed only on windows.

I hope this help.

bpayan

brain_ts

Post by brain_ts »

Hi all,
I have a Micromed SAM FC1 portable, at 32 channels and 16 bit. I also have the SystemPlus Evolution 1.04 software with BQUSB interface. Is this device compatible with OpenViBE? How should I configure it? I have already tryed to configure with the parameters suggested for Micromed SD LTM but doesn't work. Do I have to write myself the driver or does already exist one?

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi brain_ts,
Sorry for the late reply !

Micromed SAM FC1 is not officially supported as stated in the FAQ.
When roaming on the micromed website, I didn't find much references about it...

The SD LTM driver is in fact a System plus Evolution driver, so it's supposed to work with any device connected to it.
As my former colleague Baptiste said in previous posts, you must have bought the option SW EEG BCI for the BQUSB interface, so you can send data through network connection.

If it still doesn't work, maybe there is a compatibility issue between the Micromed DLL we're based on and your version of the System plus Evolution.
What does the driver tell you ? It just fails to connect or the error is is more precise ?

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !