modulareeg

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
rajesh86

modulareeg

Post by rajesh86 »

i am trying to interface modulareeg P2 with openvibe.
In acquisation server when i press connect, then play the console window said "something bad happened in the loopback stopping acquisation"
the samething happened even when the serial port is not connected...
can anyone help me please

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: modulareeg

Post by lbonnet »

Hi rajesh86,

The Modular EEG driver currently in the forge has an identified problem : it does not support multiple data packets in one buffer coming from the serial port. This bug should be corrected in the next release.

mswynghedauw had the same problem and sent his code on this topic. His version seems to work (on windows).

I saw you posted a duplicate of your question on that particular topic (I deleted it). Next time read the whole topic, the answer was just 2 posts above ;)

Hope this helps

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

rajesh86

Post by rajesh86 »

thankyou very much for your instant reply....
I am doing the graduation project on BCI with the use of the openvibe.. now i have only one week more to submit my project.. (but my modulareeg haven't get connected to openvibe)
As u said i have gone through the post submitted by mswynghedauw.. on modulareeg driver code.
I am having a basic knowledge of visual c++.. can u please guide me, how this driver can be integrate with openvibe..
i am eagerly waiting for your kind response...

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

I think you have 3 solutions:
  • Write a whole new driver in C++, using the official tutorial.
  • Modify the existing Modulareeg driver to integrate the code given by mswynghedauw
  • Add a "ON/OFF switch" to your EEG hardware (you may need to modify the firmware). Then connect/play the acquisition server and then press "ON" on your EEG. You avoid in this case the multiple packet sending at start.
Hope this helps !

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !