Using the Brainamp EEG acquisition device

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
yrenard
Site Admin

Using the Brainamp EEG acquisition device

Post by yrenard »

aaron schurger wrote: Hello Yann,
We would like to test out OpenViBE with our BrainAmp EEG equipment. I am aware that OpenViBE has a built-in driver for this EEG hardware. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to set it up and get it working? Do we run OpenViBE on the computer that is directly plugged into the EEG amps, or can we run OpenViBE on a separate computer? If on a separate computer (which we would prefer), what is the interface? TCP/IP? Sorry for these basic questions, but there are clearly some details that we know nothing about.

Many thanks!
Aaron
Aaron,

I don't have all the details about the Brainamp driver because I did not develop it and we do not own a Brainamp ourself. Guillaume Gibert at Inserm did it and he left. Unfortunately, there is no tutorial about how to use the driver. Emmanuel Maby is probably the most capable of giving you technical details about the brainamp driver.

However, I will try to tell you what I know... Emmanuel feel free to correct me if I do mistakes ;) As far as I know, the OpenViBE Brainamp driver should simply connect through TCP/IP to a proprietary brainamp acquisition application that exposes the acquired data. Thus the OpenViBE acquisition server can run on a separate machine within the same network and the OpenViBE designer also can run on an additional machine.

Yann