ANT TMSI Refa 8

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
ddvlamin

Re: ANT TMSI Refa 8

Post by ddvlamin »

I asked TMSI and the drivers between the old and new amplifiers are indeed different. The new amps are of the multispeed type and can be recognized by serie numbers starting with 0120 or 0121. For these, a driver version 6.0.0.73 or higher is needed.

However, now, with the latest drivers and the latest OpenViBE source, it seems to work.
yrenard wrote:the most usual setup here is to have the acquisition server on windows and the designer & other controlled applications on linux...
I forgot the designer can connect through tcp/ip with the acquisition server. This could indeed spread the load of both applictions over two computers, thanks for the hint.

Kind regards,
Dieter Devlaminck

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: ANT TMSI Refa 8

Post by yrenard »

ddvlamin wrote: I forgot the designer can connect through tcp/ip with the acquisition server. This could indeed spread the load of both applictions over two computers, thanks for the hint.
Well, in fact, we were wasting some CPU in idle loops in both the acquisition server and the designer. We should tweak a couple of things in order to get everything run better on a single machine.

Yann