Add the g.tec driver

Obtaining data from various hardware devices
Hello Xia

Add the g.tec driver

Post by Hello Xia »

Hello Yann,
We would like to test out OpenViBE with our g.tec equipment. I am aware that OpenViBE has a built-in driver for this EEG hardware.
But when I connect g.tec with my computer and try to open the" openvibe acquisition server" to set the configuration,I found there are only three drivers to choose from.I don't know how to add the g.tec driver. Sorry for such a basic questions, but there are clearly some details that we know nothing about.

Many thanks!
Hello Xia

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: Add the g.tec driver

Post by yrenard »

Hello Xia and welcome on this board,

I am on holiday right now, but your message looks like question #7 of the FAQ. Have you give it a try already ?

Yann

will9twl

Post by will9twl »

yrenard wrote:Hello Xia and welcome on this board,

I am on holiday right now, but your message looks like question #7 of the FAQ. Have you give it a try already ?

Yann
To: Xia

Hi, I'm also trying to install the g.USBamp driver on my PC. After referring to Q7 on the FAQ, I did a search on my hard drives, and found openvibe.conf. You could just edit the file as mentioned in Q7 of the FAQ.

To: Yann

Hi, I can now detect the gUSBamp driver. However, when I tried to connect it to the application client in OpenViBE Designer, it reads an error saying it couldn't connect to the hostname which I gave. As for the connection port, I've set it at the default 1024. Is there something I've forgotten to do?

The error reads as follows:
[WARNING] At time 0 (0x0)<Box algorithm::Acquisition client> Could not connect to server localhost:1024 (0x400)

Best regards,
William

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Hello will9twl and welcome on this board.

Have you connected / started the acquisition server ?

Is the acquisition server actually running on the same computer as the designer ?

Does is work with the genric oscillator driver ? If not, maybe you have a firewall problem.

Best regards,
Yann

PS: better than modifying the openvibe.conf, you should modify your custom configuration file as stated in the FAQ. Both work but if you modify the configuration file that comes with OpenViBE, you will loose your modifications at next update.

will9twl

Post by will9twl »

Hi Yann,

I turned off the firewall and I could connect the g.tec gUSBamp to the application client on the same PC. Thanks for the advice.

P.S. I'm not too sure where to locate the custom configuration file. Could you elaborate further?

Best regards,
William

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Nice it is working...

Your configuration file is $HOME/.openviberc under linux and %USERPROFILE%/openvibe.conf under windows, as stated in the FAQ.
[Edit: Above paths are correct for v0.15.0 and earlier -admin (06.dec.2013)]

If this file does not exist, just create it. It will be read by OpenViBE at startup.

Best regards,
Yann

delozath

Post by delozath »

Hi everyone,

I'm very new in Openvibe. Finally I successfully compiled Openvibe in Ubuntu 12.04 and I performed the examples and tutorials, the Openvibe seems to be stable, but when I tried to use the g.MOBIlab+ it does not appeared in the acquisition server list of drivers.

I connect the g.MOBIlab+ with the 'rfcomm' command to the /dev/comm0 and channel 1, also I tested the connectivity with 'l2ping' command. I opened the bluetooth configuration panel on it I confirm that the device appeared as connected and paired.

Then I created the openviberc file in my home directory because it does not exist, so I added the line 'AcquisitionServer_ShowUnstable = true' (FAQ 9), finally I saved the file. I verify that the device was connected then run acquisition server. In the driver list appeared drivers labeled as unstable for example EGI net Amps, but neither g.Tec nor g.Mobilab+ appeared.

Do you have an idea to fix this?

Thanks in advanced

Greetings

AliceB

Post by AliceB »

Hello everyone !

I have the same issue with gUSBamp: when I launch the acquisition server, gUSBamp is not porposed (I have a long list of drivers, unstable drivers are also present in grey and seem selectable)

I have read the various answers but I didn't find the corresponding Q7 of the FAQ: how should I edit the conf file ? (and when I look for this file I get a lot of possibilities...)

Thank you very much !

Alice

AliceB

Post by AliceB »

Hello again !

In fact the gUSBampCAPI is not found by the build.
It seems that it looks for the gUSBampC 32 bits version whereas I have only the gUSBampDriver (Demo) 64 bits version.
Is there a way I fix the connection of my gtec headset even so ?

Thank you for your attention,
Cheers,
Alice

AliceB

Re: Missing boxes on Windows

Post by AliceB »

I overuse your attention I am sorry...

Openvibe is now working well on my computer (I have realized several scenarios with eeg files from openvibe website)

But now I need to connect a gtec headset and the acquisition server doesn't porpose me gUSBamp driver.
In fact the gUSBampCAPI is not found by the build.
It seems that it looks for the gUSBampC 32 bits version whereas I have only the gUSBampDriver (Demo) 64 bits version.
Is there a way I fix this connection even so ?

Thank you very much for your attention,
Best,
Alice

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, the situation is as follows on Windows & openvibe 2.1 (and earlier),

- To use gusbamp with the pre-built acquistion server from the official openvibe install package, you will need the gusbamp operating system 'driver' installed beforehand. Its provided by gtec. The bitness of the OS driver must match the bitness of the operating system. I don't know what a 'demo' driver is. I've always used the normal package without any demo mentions.

- To compile acquisition server with gtec usbamp support, you will also need the corresponding CAPI from gtec. The bitness of the API must be 32 bits regardless of the OS bitness.

Hope this helps,
Jussi